one reason not to

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by downnout, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

Here's one thought: A lot of us talk about having a right to suicide. I still mainly feel this way. But why, then, is our response to each other, "Hang on?"
  2. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Your right, it is strange. We have absolutely no problem with killing ourselves but cannot bear to see anyone else do the same here, its strange but yet also normal...I feel this way as I'm sure many do here.
  3. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I feel like a hypocrit when I reply to some of these threads telling people there's a reason to stay alive, considering I fail to have one.
  4. downnout

I feel pathetic, because I think it's the only thing that's keeping me alive at this point. But on the other hand, we need each other. Who else could possibly understand...

Now I'm just feeling irrational. I'm sorry if none of this makes sense or seems utterly stupid.
  5. Twitch

Twitch Member

I know I at least feel that even though I'm giving up on myself, other people don't deserve that because they can do better. It's a possible contradiction, but still, no one likes to see others hurting.
  6. downnout

So why can't we just tell the same thing to ourselves?

7. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

lol yeah it feels pretty ironic. It is so hard to know what to say to people, when you're considering the same thing deep down. I guess it is just human kindness to try to help others even when we're helpless ourselves.

I suppose we're good support for each other, maybe even writing replies and helping somebody else has some therapeutic benefit to ourselves.
  8. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I think it's because having a right and exercising it are two different things, just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should. Most of the people here are friends with each other and no one wants to see a friend die so we'll tell them to hang on a bit longer because we want to see if things will turn around for them. Even though most people believe it's up to someone whether or not they want to kill themselves, that it's their right, it doesn't mean that they actually want to see them to do it.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It seems we can see and find hope in the lives of others where we are not able to see it for ourselves. Sad really.
  10. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

think we do tell ourselves to hang on... we just dont say it out loud... we cope however we can and hope for tomorrow to be better... or go numb till the urge turns managable... mostly because we dont want to die...we just want to stop living like this... and the only way to see if our lives will go good is to hang around and see... that said.. i wish i were dead at least 5 of 7 days a week... it used to be 7 out of 7 ... maybe things are getting better... i also think sometimes that i want to experience joy.. real honest to goodness joy before i die.... i am sure this makes not sense .. but hope to someone it will ............ c
  11. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I am well aware that the lives of some people are too crappy to live... and I do actually wish that the ones that have incurable depressions will die... I just don't say it. Also, you're not allowed to say it, here.
  12. Pioneer

Pioneer Well-Known Member

I feel in pain. Its painful to know that someone is at that edge. Even though I want to die it hurts to see someone else in pain. I just imagine their funeral, their families in confusion and pain, then I see myself in that position and it get terrifying. Once you see yourself dead you realized that your just dead, no problems to deal with yet there's no happiness, sensation, or companionship. Once we realize that we subconsciously try to save the person who hasn't realized the path they are taking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.