One reason to live?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Luliby, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luliby

Luliby Staff Alumni

I've lost my will and way. If you still have something your holding onto perhaps this poll will bring back reason, er... literally. Name 1 reason to live. I'm interested in hearing yours.
  2. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Aside from not wanting to harm loved ones for me it is bicycling. I love tinkering with my bicycles, ordering parts over the internet and most of all taking long aimless rides. I get physically tired on a ride but never bored of it. It really is about all I can say I get any happiness from right now.
  3. suso

suso Member

Cant say..i always manage to get a smile , sometimes, or is just my cat doing his pirouettes or my sister trying to find me a girlfriend, the shit that ppl talks on rule 34 forum, or just a new song...stupid things that happens, this forum also helps

The randomness
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My daughter, and my grandaughter.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

my family and my hope to get better again.
  6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

art, music, stuff like that...
  7. Unoe

Unoe Member

Family, Alot of freinds who i see every day, And a girl who broke my heart.
  8. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Family (father, mother, sister) even I know that sometimes I am a burden even to them, still, I know I will hurt them when I'll leave. Its sad that I will have to leave, sooner or later...
    This is the list of other things that are keeping me here:
  9. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

You said you have lost your way. I didnt lost my way. Perhaps, this was my way all the time, and this was my end. I just wasnt aware of that.
  10. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

What keeps me here is hope, specifically, hope that I can heal from a childhood of fear and violence. I thought I was unloved and unlovable. My therapist's greatest gift to me was a question: Could I be wrong?
  11. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

That it's a fact, I WILL die one day.
  12. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

too find a way to make good out of all the bad that has happened to me and of course my children
  13. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

i usually find something some project that gives me hope that it might pay off but it is becoming less and less effective. to many failures it seems bleak please pray that my next effort pays off i feel all my hopes are riding on it.
  14. Xian

Xian Well-Known Member

my unborn children if i ever have any
  15. Rachael41

Rachael41 Well-Known Member

? one reason i have is because i kind of want to knw how it wil all turn out? if it really can get worse? or better?....

thers no guarantee that theres an afterlife, so i wouldnt b able to see how ppl coped /reacted to my death..............
  16. For me, the main thing that keeps me here is my incabapility to actually do it right now... I have alot of preparing to do. Anyway, other reasons are my family, and him. I really don't want to hurt any of them, but as I'm selfish, in the long run they are going to have to experience a little bit of hurt to end my never-ending pain. I'm most worried about my sister and him though. But in the end... you have to do what you have to do. I'm not trying to hurt them, I just can't do this much longer.
  17. hare

hare Active Member

next to death, one more day doesn't seem so threatening. there is always the chance that things could get better. we're all going to die someday.
    for me, that, and fear of breaking my mother's heart.
  18. Forget It

Forget It Member

I used to say constructive hobbies, gaining more knowledge, and it would hurt my parents. Now I can let these things go because I am very ready to move on. My only barrier is lack of a firearm, which I'm old enough to get and can afford it. Once I get a gun hopefully within six months, nothing will stop me because I won't feel bad about losing connections.
  19. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

Hope that things will get better even though I've got a needle in haystack left at this point.. I like alot of your comments, I agree with most of them.

I don't want to hurt my family but they would be over it pretty soon especially since I'm a burden or as they would call it a "challange"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.