one thing holding me back

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by k3bberz, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3bberz

k3bberz Active Member

im just purely fed up with life, with every single aspect of life...
    i wish i was dead, the only thing stopping me killing myself is my cousin, hes my best friend, basically a brother to me and itd hurt him so much, but then i also think, so he would grieve.. hes strong enough to get over it...

iurgh, please someone just shoot me.
  2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :hug: so sorry you are feeling so low :( here if you need to PM at all :hug:
  3. Pip28

Pip28 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, the only thing keeping me alive is my baby sister, I started thinking that if I killed myself she would get over it and move on then one day we were at a gig together and I had a few drinks and started to tell her about my suicidal thoughts, the hurt I saw in her eyes shocked me I never thought I could be that important to anyone and she pleaded with me to get help. The point I'm trying to make is just one good person in your life is good enougth to hold on too, you can kill yourself any time but finding someone you care about and having them care back is next to impossible and is 100% worth holding on to
  4. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello k3bberz,

First let me start with recommending you do two deep breaths, i want you to breath in from your nose, then count to 10 and then breath out from your mouth - repeat this twice.

I consider it very positive that you have taken the decision to post in these forums, this to me shows that 1% or maybe more wants you to be alive - this is very important and lets hold onto this.

I can understand what you are currently feeling and you want to suicide, i understand what it feels like to be fed up with your life as i have also felt the same thing a year ago.

Lets go a bit deeper, you want to suicide due to something negative that happened in your life. I want you to spend 5 minutes to think of some of the achievements you made during your life up to now - i am sure you will be able to find quite a few achievements.

I also want you to think about the following:

Suicide is not something that we choose; suicidal thoughts are caused by what happened, the important thing to remember is that whatever happened it can be dealt with. It might sound easy to say and difficult to get it done, I understand this feeling but believe me it's not as hard as it may sound.

Suicide is not the solution, you may think that by suiciding you will be relieved from pain, relief is a feeling and you need to be alive in order to be able to feel. You will not feel this relief once you take your life.
  5. Booya

Booya New Member

I'm sorry that you're feeling so down I really hope things get better for you.

You only get one chance on this earth so stay strong and have faith things will get better.

Good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.