One thing that makes life worth it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pasd, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pasd

pasd Member

What is one thing that makes life worth it to you. You are still here. Why?

2. Insomniac2012

Insomniac2012 Member

You never know what tomorrow brings. Every 10 years all of the cells in your body have died and been replaced, so you have literally nothing in common, molecularly, with yourself 10 years ago, and in 10 years you will be completely different again. In short, the future can be better.
    The thing that prevents me the most daily, is family and friends. Parents, siblings, and friends. Not even best friends. There will be a lot of people upset by the loss. I don't want to put everyone through that so I find hope in every tomorrow and keep going.

3. MessengerFromHell

MessengerFromHell Well-Known Member

Live for the sake of living

4. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

great question. i am still here for two reasons only: i have an elderly/sickly cat who has no one else to care for her (as i have no friends or loved ones of any kind), and because i have attempted suicide in the past, one time even technically "dying" for 3 minutes yet still being brought back...i am terrified that unless i am extremely careful and plan very well i will just fail again. and i could not take another failure, to be comforted by the thought that my eyes will see no more and i will hurt no more, only to awaken to life again....no, i could not bear that. this is why i am still here. this does not mean life is worth living.

5. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

hope.

hope that i am able to regain the amazing life i had just a few months ago.

the most wonderful job, helping people.
    the most loving lady that came into my world just two years ago.

i had everything. and i would like if back please.

6. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

because i like such a wide range of music.

always new artists for me to discover and that's always worth it to me!

7. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

There are so many good & amazing things in this world & there are many people a lot worse of than myself such as people starving in the developing world, people on SF who's life has been so bad mine pales into significance, good things you can do for mankind such as Robin the primary admin of SF in providing this avenue of supporting each other out of his own pocket which makes him an angel from heaven :rainbow: plus many other things

8. DesertWolf

DesertWolf Active Member

Sex. During sex is the only time when I can feel something else than emptiness.

PC Games. They help me to keep the world far away.

That's all.

9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Well yes DesertWolf sex is exciting but I think hugs cuddles kisses more important - you can buy sex from hookers

10. DesertWolf

DesertWolf Active Member

Yes, hugs, cuddles, kisses can be great, just I don't have a stable relationship atm :) So I have to settle for occasional sex, at least it's something! But yep I agree that long-term love can give much more on the emotional level.

11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The chance that I might get to be a part of my nephew's life. Even if I get to spend a few minutes with him, it would be worth it.

12. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

So many different and interesting answers! I have to vote for two things that keep me going: my cat (bring on the jokes, haha) and bacon cheese fries. :)

13. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

The possibility of a richer, more fulfilling life - so I guess hope!
    While I'm still alive, there's still opportunity, the chance that things will get better. If I decide to take my life, that opportunity will be gone, and importantly, never return.

14. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Even though I can not see why, my family and friends still love me and I can not stand to think of causing them grief and pain. I put up with today because of that thought.

15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Family. Taking my niece on nature walks. Being grateful for what I do have. Its the small things in life that make it worth living.

16. PatriciaAHunt

PatriciaAHunt Member

Choices. Don't regret and make good choices in life.

17. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

This might sound like a boring cliché, but ***God*** is what, rather Who, still keeps me here. The circumstances of how I was rescued from destroying my body could only have been because the Higher Power was on my case....... and since then I know I've been given the tools to heal psychologically and spiritually, and know that it's a journey that is open to all, much more could be said here, but don't want to preach a sermon :) Anyone interested enough to PM me, please do :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.