One thing you've learnt by being on SF..

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Abacus21, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

One thing I've learnt by being a member of SF, is that it is amazing what can be done, just by the power of listening ...

What's your 'one thing' you've learnt?
  2. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

That more people understand than I previously thought. :smile:
  3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Safety. Boundaries. I am going places!
  4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

That caring about someone when you can't be there physically, sucks. But... knowing that there is someone that loves you because of who you are is unbelievably freeing.
  5. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

I dont need to fight this all alone if i dont want to.
  6. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

That nobody's alone. There's always SOMEONE out there who understands and accepts.

I could actually put up an entire list of things I've learned on SF, but I think that's the biggest positive one :smile:
  7. ava.

ava. Well-Known Member

That there's really nothing wrong with me.

I'm just being pathetic.

8. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

hmm...good question. I've learnt that I am not alone in the world, that there's always somebody who understands and cares.

9. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

Before i joined SF i didn't have many friends because i didn't understand how friendship works but now i do :)
  10. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

There are many genuine sufferers out there that want support and are excellent support givers ty all those that have helped me through at times
  11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

that theres other people out there that feel the same as i do and that its ok to feel like this
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

People face the same things all around the world. Many times all they need is someone willing to listen and not judge them for how they feel. Compassion is a powerful thing.
  13. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

edited by myself for postin in the wrong topic
  14. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

That this crap (depression, mental illness, etc) cuts through all political and religious and racial lines.

15. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Love takes time. Patience.
  16. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

how much help listening can be
  17. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

I learnt that SF rawx, along with everyone on here! :wootrock:
  18. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

That a few people do care about me.
  19. TrAgIcK EvEntZ

TrAgIcK EvEntZ Well-Known Member

I learned about how love truly works, thanks to k_1971.
  20. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I know I'm not alone. I know that I'm wanted and loved. I know what power lies in compassion, as Gentlelady said. I know that having someone to listen to me, just listen, not try to fix things, is a great relief. I know that I now have friends all over the world, from all walks of life - and that we have more in common than I ever thought. We all feel unbearable pain and we all reach out to each other to relieve their suffering. I believe that with gentle loving people like yourselves there may be a chance for good to overcome evil in this life.

love to all of you:hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.