One Very Lucky Guy

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by LetItGo, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I know im not meant to be posting on this site but I just wanted to tell everyone about a recent incident.

I caught up with my best mate yesterday, we havent seen each other for at least 3 months, and in fact it was one of the things my psych wanted me to do. We went to the movies and had a few beers afterwards, I probably had a bit too much to drink :( as per usual...but we had a good time.

He told me his boss, a guy Ive meet several times, tried to kill himself a week ago.

He tried to jump from a bridge, a particularly tall bridge, and somehow he survived. Both of us are stunned he managed to survive....its a massive leap.

Reports by local fisherman suggests he simple drove up, got out of his car, and hesitation.

Incredibly, his only really injuries are a few bumps and bruises, scratches and the possibility of sight loss in one eye due to a blood clot.

This is the first time his attempted, but his seriously hinted at it a number of times, and what I find strange is the fact he is a pharmacist and has access to any number of lethal drugs, not to mention his wife is a psychologist....shit couldnt she see it coming? Why would he choose this method? so messy...Its incredible he survived...if he didnt die from the impact, and possibly hitting something, I cant believe he wasnt knocked unconscious and drowned.

All in all one very very lucky guy...although he probably wouldnt say so.
  2. poison

poison Well-Known Member

That is odd... I really don't understand it how no one would've noticed. However, it's miraculous he managed to live. He's very lucky.
  3. bono

bono Well-Known Member

Some quick stats on free fall.

50% of people die when fall from 4 stories.
    90% of people die when fall from 7 stories.
    Its still possible to survive 16 story falls.

Its not how fast your going, its how fast you stop.

You reach terminal velocity @ 1000ft, so any addition height won't increase the speed of your decent. 29000 feet is the hightest recorded survival from free fall. It was russian woman from in the 70's, she survived becasause the plane absorbed the impact.

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Its a miracle the guy survived at all, so yeah he's lucky but I hope he sees just how lucky he is and grasps life and lives it instead of trying to attempt again. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.