One Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by dice, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dice

dice Well-Known Member

I haven't been here in awhile but I thought this one warranted a post. It has been exactly one year to the day since I last had a serious plan for attempting suicide. I feel like I am doing better than I was a year ago. I made some promises to myself and I feel I've done a fairly decent job at attempting to improve myself. I wanted to be more outgoing, come out of the closet as bisexual, and get some medication. I am now trying to be a little more outgoing and stepping out of my comfort zone a little bit. I am able to dance in public and be with my friends without too much social anxiety. As far as coming out of the closet goes this one hasn't exactly been easy. I have told my immediate family members and about half my friends. I am also out of the closet on facebook though not a single person has ever mentioned my interested in status. I am taking St. John's Wart as an anti-depressant. Overall I feel like I've made some improvements and I am a happier person that I was a year ago. I hope to see you all next year.
  2. loopey

loopey Member

That's really great to hear and I hope things just keep on getting better for you :) Also well done on coming out, and trust me, in a year or two when things settle you'll look back and it'll be one of the best things you ever did - it was something i certainly don't regret either.
    Take care, hope to hear some good news next year
    x lou
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun i am so happy you are doing better hun thanks for the update h ugs
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

So glad to hear you are doing better...sounds like you have done a lot of work and it has paid off...keep it up and do let us know how you are doing
  5. dice

dice Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for your help. You all have been a great help in keep me around. Also a special thanks to Sardaukar for regularly chatting with me on Skype and helping me talk through my problems.
  6. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

So glad that you survived and you are here to share your anniversary with us! You are a bright and shining example of what survival and thriving can be! See you on your next anniversary!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.