Online bullying

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Sioni, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sioni

Sioni Member

I'm the target of some vicious attacks on Facebook at the moment which many may find ridicilous at the age of 41. There's one person putting very cruel stuff about me and as i'm blocked I can't report them.
    I've spoken to the police and they are more than happy to speak to this person but i'm scared if I go down that route she'll make my life worse. She has some personal info about me that I don't want spoken about and she's threatning to post the info up there.
    Basically I've given up on my life. I've had enough. I just can't see an end to it and I can't take it anymore. Life would be easier for all involved if I just wasn't here. As selfish as that may sound. I can't do this anymore and people I thought were my friends have distanced themselves from me so that they don't get targeted.
    I'm very alone and frightened

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Sioni. Bullying can happen to someone at any age and in basically any area of life. I'm sorry you're facing this now on Facebook. Are you blocked from the person's Facebook site or from all of Facebook entirely? If you are blocked from the person's page, how are you finding out what is being said about you - are they being honest or just trying to upset you more? (sorry, I had to put that out there. :( )

If other people are telling you second hand, you could ask them to show you the person's page and comments on their phone/computer and ask them to get a screenshot and email it to you. Then you could email it to Facebook with a report about the harassment/bullying/shaming/embarrassment this person is causing you. The following link is about Facebook and reporting bullying: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards#

If the person is telling lies about you on Facebook, that is "defamation of character" where I live. The legal system and a good lawyer might be able to help you; however, that is expensive and could result in more exposure of whatever nastiness is being posted now. A warning from the police might be enough to make the person think twice. I do understand your concern that getting the police involved might just make it worse. However, if that's what happens, then that person is actually in even MORE trouble. They would be posting after a "police" warning to stop. That's just something to consider. If the police are taking it seriously, then I expect the comments are very nasty and inappropriate. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this issue.

Keep posting here and let us know how things go. Whatever you do - walk away and ignore, get police involved, find a way to report to Facebook, for example - I wish you much luck and hope it all stops for you soon! *big hugs*

3. Sioni

Sioni Member

Thank you so much for your message. It means a lot. Ive had a screen shot sent to me via a person who can see it but they wont report it for me due to not wanting to get involved. But when i go on to report it to facebook they keep asking for the url of the post which i cant get as i cant click on the post due to being blocked by the person causing this. So even though i have picture evidence i still cant report it to them.
    The police have told me they are more than willing to give a warning as the posts were taken down once by facebook so the fact she put them back on is against facebook community standards.
    The thing that stresses me the most is not knowing what else is up there and im begining to find out that people i thought were my friends are not very loyal. Id never do this to them, id help them out.
    Its runining me and the constant worry just wont leave my mind to the point i just want to give up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.