online dating? Online peer support?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by samsilburt, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samsilburt

samsilburt New Member

hi, i am a 20 year old male living in Halifax, NS, quite a small city, bout 300,000 and am in dire need of a close intimite relationship. I find it very hard to make friends at the university I am attending due to my unique circumstances.

Is it worth the while to give online dating a try? Possibly a high-end matchmaking service? or a peer support network (still looking)?

Any help much appreciated.

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

My Mom met her current husband on match.com and they are ridiculously happy, so I say go for it.

3. Mathale

Mathale Well-Known Member

Im with Anastasia on this one. Dont let anything stop you trying for it. You never know what is going to be the end result!

the only garuntee is that, if you DONT try anything... it will never happen!

so go for it :D :laugh:

4. Secret wounds

Secret wounds Well-Known Member

i've met a few people online, the first guy was a complete control freak, the next one said he loved me but only wanted me for sex, the third guy i went all the way to Canada to see (I live in the UK) and he turned out to be a psycho drunk literally. I guess i made bad choices, i think i was looking for someone to save me but that never happened, in the end they all messed my head up even more, so just be careful is all im saying and dont make the stupid mistakes i made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.