online diagnosis

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lonely88, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonely88

lonely88 Member

Does anyone know of anywhere online where you can find out if you have any undiagnose mental problems?

I know it wont be a concrete diagnosis but just a general idea.
  2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hmm, I'm not sure where you can find them, but there's the Burns' Depression Test in a sticky at the top of one of the sections.
    Also, a thing to be cautious of, is that the answer / diagnosis can change a lot depending on how you're feeling at the time, as you'll give different answers depending on what mood you're in, so take the diagnosis with a massive grain of salt :)
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You can find depression test through various online sites, but the only way to know for sure is to see a professional.As Abacus mentioned, the test can be skewed as to the way you are feeling at that particular time, or if you know how you want to answer the questions. Online diagnoses are not accurate at all for the most part.
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

As has already been said, the best way to find out is by going to see a professional. However does some online tests. Please don't take the answers too seriously though, and if you are worried you really should go see someone :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.