Online Friends

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by ColdSummer, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ColdSummer

ColdSummer Well-Known Member

I just got sent this on msn, and thought it was nice. Because I know how special my online friends are.

"Online friends are people we may never meet...We see pictures, we see cams...It isn't the same...We grow close...We care and love one another... One day we may not hear from one another...All we see is a name on messenger but the person we don't see anymore...We pray, "Please come back"...All I ask is you remember me in the good times we had...Keep me close to your heart...Friends forever...You know I care (To all my special friends I have made on here. One day you never know if we will ever meet. Let’s just pray we might"

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Awww :)

How very true that is :) :hug:

3. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

i have a friend who's gone on road trips with his livejournal mates. another who meet his, now ex, on myspace . . .

the internet can be a new medium for people to met. just like in life only with honesty. i'm out.

4. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Online freinds through different forums are the only ones I currently have. I'm very grateful for them! :D

5. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

I am the same way. Some i'm sure don't even consider me a 'friend' yet I am thankful for them as they have given me something in the time i've known them..knowing so or not. Most are also older than myself. :tongue:

6. Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  7. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I've had loads of online friends who one day just "up and left", and haven't seen in ages...I keep them on my list though, probably in the hope that they'll come back one day....I miss a lot of them too, and I'm always remembering the chats we had...maybe I never will see them again, but wherever they are, I do hope they're ok and doing well...

...I'm currently also involved in an online relationship with a girl from Wisconsin...dunno what I'd do without her to be honest...being in an OLR, makes you appreciate them more...I see ppl arguing every day with their loved ones and I just shake my head thinking "OMG! You have no f*cking clue do you?!" But my point is, online or real life, keep your friends, family and loved ones close by...because, as you said, one day we might not see them anymore.

8. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Their ages vary. Probably some are much younger than me(in their teens) but I find this of no consequence. This makes me suprised that they're freindly toward an oldtimer like me(28) and I'm grateful. :D But the things we have in common will always break the age barrier. I find my online buddies very likable & some probably only consider me "someone they know" online but I say if we're gettin along and having constasnt conversation we are freinds. :biggrin:

9. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I don't have any friends, online, or otherwise. :dunno: I have those people that you kind of hang out with, but other than that you don't talk unless one of you needs something.

10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

That is sooooo sweet. I almost cried.

11. Jake055

Jake055 New Member

I honestly love my online friends.. I have alot more online friends then real life friends...and I love them a hundred times more and trust them then my real life friends.

12. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Same here. I think it's actually a big thing to be able to trust someone you've never met before...cause at the end of the day, you never know who's on the other end...not saying this applies to everyone but you can get some "posers" out there who pretend to be other ppl, but to be able to trust someone like that is amazing.

13. I agree 100%.
    i cant trust my real friends as much.
    it just seems like i cant tell them things.
    i love my online friends with my life.
    they help me so much.
    i dont have alot of online friends though.
    like 4.
    because i dont trust alot of people.
    but i love you so much jake.
    <3

14. okay,im retarded and cant find the edit button but i wanted to add that its harder for me to be able to tell something to someone.
    with online friends if they know everything about you and you trust them when you meet them it'll only bring you closer tot hem because you know that your face to face with the person who put up with you for however long and that you love them.

15. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Posts are only editable up to 1 hr after you've posted them, sweet_angel.

16. ohh ;[
    thank you!

17. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I have 0 online friends. Zero. Nothing. I am a loner on the 'web as I am in "real life." I should write a book on my internet friendship adventures. I met a paedophile, grew a few stalkers but at the end of it all, I found my gf, my mind, myself and someone very special and nice. Or at least I think he's nice.

You never do know about these things...:mellow:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  18. pit

pit Well-Known Member

The only friend that counts is someone I can talk to face to face and do things with in real life and in real time. The ether we use is an illusion, as far as I'm concerned.