online self test

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
has anyone ever taken these online self tests for depression, suicide risk etc, and how accurate do you think they are. for suicide risk all the tests I have taken they say that i'm at extreme risk and call crises line immediately lol. and depression tests were just as bad, all except one said I suffer high to very high depression and I should see some one. they even suggested I test for bpd which I never considered and it wasn't as bad but wasn't positive either. I convinced my doctor that I was ok and he agreed to let me stop meds and therapy. I came close to an evaluation but stopped it when I quit therapy and meds. so are these accurate or just a bunch of bs. mike

Nick

โ˜†โ˜†Admin-tastic โ˜†โ˜†
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I feel like these tests might be okay for some people. If you're talking about someone with alternate chronic conditions or a long standing issue with depression or mental health, they don't cover enough ground or offer enough specifics to be of much help. Those tests all indicate I should be in some sort of hospital setting. Yet most days I function semi well. I manage to work when I have a job, and I've been doing better about taking care of myself. The tests can't see that or predict it.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I feel like these tests might be okay for some people. If you're talking about someone with alternate chronic conditions or a long standing issue with depression or mental health, they don't cover enough ground or offer enough specifics to be of much help. Those tests all indicate I should be in some sort of hospital setting. Yet most days I function semi well. I manage to work when I have a job, and I've been doing better about taking care of myself. The tests can't see that or predict it.
thank you

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I don't think someone needs a test to know whether they're depressed or suicidal. if these tests are useful for anything they might be useful for letting a professional see how your mood changes or doesn't change over time by giving the test in intervals.

Aurelia

๐Ÿ”ฅ A Fire Inside ๐Ÿ”ฅ
SF Supporter
I don't think someone needs a test to know whether they're depressed or suicidal. if these tests are useful for anything they might be useful for letting a professional see how your mood changes or doesn't change over time by giving the test in intervals.
True. When you feel like shit, it's kind of hard not to notice, with or without a test.

GFS

I guess it could be a simple test:
1. Do you think a lot about ending it?
Yes! No! Maybe!
And the results are:
If Yes! Yes, you are.
If No! No, you aren't.
If Maybe! This is a serious test, make up your mind you idiot!

frostheaved

4th year college student
i used to take a bunch of mental health quizzes in order to validate how i thought i was feeling. if i thought i was suicidal, i'd be like "ok time to test if i am!" "oh i got 100%! i must be!" lol

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
has anyone ever taken these online self tests for depression, suicide risk etc, and how accurate do you think they are. for suicide risk all the tests I have taken they say that i'm at extreme risk and call crises line immediately lol. and depression tests were just as bad, all except one said I suffer high to very high depression and I should see some one. they even suggested I test for bpd which I never considered and it wasn't as bad but wasn't positive either. I convinced my doctor that I was ok and he agreed to let me stop meds and therapy. I came close to an evaluation but stopped it when I quit therapy and meds. so are these accurate or just a bunch of bs. mike
where do you find self tests mike? iโ€™ve never taken one as far as i can remember but everytime i visit my pcp iโ€™m given a questionnaire that is supposed to determine how ok or bad i am and iโ€™m always off the charts. can you send me a link or tell me how i can find a test on line? iโ€™d like to try one out.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
where do you find self tests mike? iโ€™ve never taken one as far as i can remember but everytime i visit my pcp iโ€™m given a questionnaire that is supposed to determine how ok or bad i am and iโ€™m always off the charts. can you send me a link or tell me how i can find a test on line? iโ€™d like to try one out.
they're all over the place online some are small and others have a lot of questions. but I don't know how accurate they are

Witty_Sarcasm

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆœ๐Ÿง๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’–
SF Supporter
Well, I don't think they're that accurate, but they tell me what I already know. Like I have zero percent chance of being antisocial but a high chance of being overly emotional. lol

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00