Only 21 but already thinking about suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by James1994, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James1994

James1994 Banned Member

iam sick of being alone, i suffer from exterme shyness i dont have friends, never had a girlfriend either, no job, nothing. oh & im also overweight & have bad teeth

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hey James,

I turn 21 soon too. I hope this place can help support you and change your mind. For a long time now I've felt alone, without friends, a girlfriend, etc. It's been a tough journey, but I'm slowly getting better and I hope you can get the help you need to get better as well.

How long have you had these thoughts? Do you see anyone for the depression/anxiety? How long have you been suffering with all this?

Sorry for everything you are going through. I hope we can help in some way. Welcome to the forum :hug:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi James,

Are you seeing someone for your psychological issues? Anxiety shyness, depression etc.. if not then I would strongly recommend it.
    You can lose weight, get your teeth fixed, those are things you can work on :)
    I'm sorry the sign up process was difficult for you, we have that in place due to spammers and trolls.
    Keep talking to us here :hugs:

4. James1994

James1994 Banned Member

i started thinking about suicide in the last 6 weeks since i gave up my video game addiction if anything giving it up has made me feel worse

5. James1994

James1994 Banned Member

I cant see anyone because i am to scared i rarly leave my house, alone most of the time the only people i are talk to are mum & dad

6. James1994

James1994 Banned Member

i started thinking about suicide in the last 6 weeks since i gave up my video game addiction if anything giving it up has made me feel worse messed the 1st respone sorry

7. Petal

James I can relate, most people on this site know I was house bound for 4/5 years, i never left the house at all. The mental health world has progressed since then and i am sure that if you look through your resources that you will be able to find someone that will visit you at home, perhaps a doctor, nurse or social workers. You do not have to suffer in this way. These days i do find it hard to get out but i have to, i make myself do it, therapy and medication has helped me a lot and can help you too. Keep us updated and best of luck to you.

8. Cicada 3301

That's okay, don't worry about it. You said above that you are too scared and rarely leave your house. How often are you leaving home and how are you managing to do it? If it's at all possible you need to start seeking some professional support and they may be able to help with the anxiety you have. It does seem very severe, I hope you can manage it in some way.

What platform do you play on?

9. James1994

James1994 Banned Member

Only twice in 4 years i have been away from my house, its not going outside that i am afraid off i can go in my garden easy, its people that i am afraid off

10. Cicada 3301

That's a long time, I'm sorry :( Who do you live with?

I'm wondering if you would consider calling a local crisis number? They would be able to offer some help closer to home and may be able to figure out a compromise due to your position. Did something happen 4 years ago which stops you from going out?

11. Petal

That really does sound like a social anxiety disorder/agoraphobia, once I was out of my house I thought to myself why the hell did i waste and miss out on so many years of my life. You can and will get through this. It is not easy but its do-able. Please ask for help from your doctor because no one should live in fear like this. It's unfair and should not happen as often as it does. You can call up an agoraphobia place on the phone and talk to them over the phone, I did that years ago, it was the out and about association, im sure there has to be an english alternative. Good luck :)

12. James1994

James1994 Banned Member

One problem i have never used a phone before or been to a shop alone

13. Petal

You could go to the shop with someone. Could you use a landline or someone else's phone? Who do you live with james?

14. Paint it Blue

Paint it Blue Member

There is no age limit when it comes to suicidal thoughts ,i first started to think about suicide when i was 11years old doe to bulling .I too have no friends ,i mean i have one but we do not talk too much ,only by Facebook .So i do feel alone most of the time and i also suffer from panic attacks and other problems so i do not go out very much .

15. James1994

James1994 Banned Member

Cant be anyway worst then me never even had a chance to kiss anyone

16. Paint it Blue

Paint it Blue Member

Well i never had a boyfriend and i am 24 so ...There is still hope as life tends to change but i do not consider myself as someone who is worthy of love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.