Only a matter of time...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LenaLunacy, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Its only a matter of time, minutes,hours, days...who knows...till i self-harm again. Iv done pretty well, its been about 3 months but im too overwhelmed right now. And when all the feelings get too much to handle the only thing i know to do, aside from writing in my journal, is to cut them away.
    Sure I have good friends, but i don't want to burden them with this right now because all of them have their own issues and i feel bad makin them worry about me on top of it all :(
    It frustrates me...i can go so long,, iv managed 6 months without self harm before..but i always slip up no matter how hard i fight it...guess that's only proof that i'm weak.
    I'll probably be doing this for the rest of my life, or my forseeabl future anyway.
    I don't want to but i have to cut, im just too incapable of coping with everything, i think i'm slowly going insane.
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

just because you slip up doesn't make you weak, the fact that you go so long between episodes of cutting just shows how strong you are.

if your journal doesn't work have you thought about trying some other way to take your mind off this need, maybe something energetic or something relaxing.

cutting may seem like a good way but it really is only a temp releif as you already know.

take care
  3. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

I must admit, I feel kind of the same right now. I know I can go for long periods of time without it (nearly 2 years) but when things get bad my first instinct is always to hurt myself. I think it just becomes second nature :(

Maybe it just takes time, and every day that you go without it makes you better able to avoid doing it, with the right support?
  4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

If it gets easier, or even slightly, every day without it then i'm never gonna stop am i, if i can only go so long, 6months is my longest and even tht isn't tht long.
    I think this is like a disease and im stuck with it for life :(
  5. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

Well, apparently people who have stopped still get urges to do it. But I think as time goes by it's supposed to get easier not to give in to them. Like any other addiction, really.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.