Only human

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by AlwaysUnseen, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlwaysUnseen

AlwaysUnseen Guest

No one's perfect right? So why am I expected to be?
    I have problems just like everyone else but I'm expected to be fine all day everyday. It's hard enough faking it in the day, but why should I have to in the evenings too?
    I'm tired of people expecting me to explain my every move, or needing me to be psychic, asking me what someone else is doing, how should I know? I'm not them!

I can barely even hold my own head up any more I'm so tired, but apparently I don't get the luxury of a break or even a little respect.

How is this fair on me?

Feel free to kick me, I'm already down.
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

You are right, no one is perfect. Perfection in my eyes is not achievable, perfection does not exist. Even in the most beautiful pieces of art there are flaws. You are not expected to be perfect and if someone is trying to enforce perfection on you they themselves are imperfect. I'm sorry if this is happening.

You shouldn't have to fake happiness. I know where you are coming from when you have to put the mask on and pretned to be happy. It's not healthy. You have to find someone to talk to about your problems so you don't eventually explode or self destruct.:hug:

Please pm me anytime if you need hun. Be safe :hug:
  3. AlwaysUnseen

AlwaysUnseen Guest

You know, it would be nice if people could just ask how I was. I'm not going to tell them my life story, I doubt I'd even say very much about it, it would just be nice if the people who are meant to be my friends acted like they cared.
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

5. AlwaysUnseen

AlwaysUnseen Guest

Maybe it's my fault too though. I mean even if someone actually bothers to notice my existence and asks me how I am, I'd probably just say "ok" or at most that I'm tired. When in reality if I were asked right now how I felt, the honest answer would be that I'm feeling worse than I have for a long while and that I'd like nothing more than to die or at least harm.

But how am I meant to say that when I'm not allowed to feel?

Even here, if someone asks me how I am (which is rare in itself), it's not because they want to know, it's so I can reply "I'm ok, how are you?" because they've had a bad day and need support from me. You might think that I could or should try to see the reaction I get here if I'm honest and say how I feel, well I have, and instead of support I just get "oh sorry, I'll leave you alone then". Because the reason we all go into chat is to be left alone, that makes sense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.