Only i get it.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Marshmallow, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

You don't get it. No one does. Only me. I'm doing this for you. Helping myself in the process. One reason i'm still here. Walk away from that means i can get what needs to be done. Ya see if you distance yourself from people you care and love then it makes it a whole lot easier. Reducing the hurt that they may feel. I mean. Distance settles feelings down a bit, hence reducing the hurt. I'm trying to save you the pain. Yeah only i get it. Only i get why this is good for me as much as it hurts. Thank you.

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

What's up Viks? :hug:

Here if you wanna talk hun :)

Joe

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Am trying to do someone some good for a change. Helping myself in the process, for the wrong reasons but it will be good for me.

4. Robin

Robin Guest

Maybe you should concentrate less on the reasons and concentrate on what's healthy, healthy friendships can fill and expand ours lives, even if it's just to give us the hot air we need to make it over the next mountain ridge.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I'm 36 and my right leg really hurts at the moment.

So what's my point? Well it's just that my leg is the focus of all my thoughts at the moment, for 35 years it was absolutely fine and I never thought about it, my arms and shoulders and hands and wrists are fine too but I never really thought about them too.

When we are in pain we tend to focus on our pain and we forget about all that is good, all that is right, we distance ourselves from people because we believe that pain is the biggest, most important thing in our lives, but there are so many other things such as sympathy, love, hope, understanding and even joy that are there but we don't seem to notice them, because all our focus is on our pain.

There is so much good on this site, so much love, so many friendships, I guess it's so obvious to me and even hurts in a way because I've spent the last 36 years pretty much on my own. I'd encourage you to share the moments that you enjoy, encourage each other, be strong and positive for each other... though I guess I may be being over optimistic here, I'm just a dreamer really :biggrin:

6. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

ziggy, so beautifully put :cry: and so true.

Viks- i know distance is what you may need to find peace within yourself be it good or bad, but know that there are people that love u very much and want to help you through the crappy times as well as be there for teh good times. If you ever need a "virtual" shoulder to cry on or a voice to hear to try and ease the day you know where to find me hun. Always know that you are a special girl even if you don't see it know thatpeople think that of you. It goes without saying that you are a kick ass girl(after all you let me get away with my horrid burps on skype.)

Stay sweet.
    Kells

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Very very well put! :hug:

And I'm with Kelly, i'm here for you anytime too. -----Allthough I'm kinda doing something similar to what you mentioned. I always am afraid with how desperately upset and in crisis, I don't want to risk hurting others. I think I kinda understand.------ but know you still have us. :hug: :hug:

:grouphug:

:flowers: :rose:

8. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

:cry: Thank you ziggy. That means a lot to me. :hug:

Thanks y'all

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

:hug: :grouphug: