Only need show the beaten dog the whip

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Chargette, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

That's the deepest pain I have. I was not physically beaten. I was beaten by circumstances and time. I am like the beaten dog that sees the whip.

My daughter raged everyday. I knew she had communication problems. This went on for 16 years while I raised her. No one would help me.

The schools would not help for many years. They always had a way to explain out of it. They said to tell her doctor.

The doctor would not help, they said the school would help.

I documented, documented, and wrote summaries and submitted these and still no help.

My family had encouraging words and still no help.

This is the deepest anger I still have.

My daughter still has issues, but she has disability now, and lives on her own. I love her dearly. I have never faulted her. I believe she has autism and she has been through a lot too.

The years I endured all of this has left me a shell of the person I used to be. I've had depression all of my life, and continued forward, but this is the circumstance in life that broke me.

I'm grateful to be on this side of it, but the wreckage is still in me.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

It is so hard to live in the shadows of our past. How certain things can trigger us. How things that happened some time ago can still bring us such despair. But in your posts and threads I see the spirit you have, that of a fighter. Keep fighting Vivian. We may never be able to fully let go of the things that drove us to where we are today. But keep fighting because you have been able to leave some of it a little further behind than when it was right there. Here if you need a friend.