only thing stopping me is my mom

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thisisbad, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisisbad

thisisbad New Member

i really hope that this isn't too trite to say (i'm new here). but really, i just feel like there's no point in living. im doing well by most standards. i graduated from a really good college, live in Manhattan which is supposed to be one of the most "fun" places to be, have a decent job, a cool apt (just moved into my own place for the first time ever--no roommate). but i feel like romantic relationships just never work and i am going to be alone forever. what's the point in living, really? sometimes i feel like the only thing stopping me from killing myself is that i couldn't deal with devastating my mother. i numb the pain by drinking a lot of wine and taking im happy to have found this site, it will be helpful to be among like-minded people.

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

A lot of people have trouble with romantic relationships.

why do you feel so pessimistic about relationships?

3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Welcome, I'm glad you're here. "Like-minded people"? ?? We're full of them :)
    Since we can identify with each other so well, it gives us an advantage in helping each other. We care, and we support and encourage each other.

A lot of us have felt the despair of being alone. For me, one thing that was vital was to really know myself.Therapy helped some with that, but meditation had it's place as well. Over time, I developed a genuine self-confidence (not false bravado). And then women started noticing me, actually being attracted to me.

It takes time, and a lot of times it's not fun, but that's one reason we're here - you can post what's on your mind (within some limits, see the FAQ) without being judged. You'll probably make some friends here, you can start with me, send me a PM (private message) and I'll respond as quickly as I can, although there are lots of times when I'm not on the computer.

Keep posting, we're good listeners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.