Open letters to people in your life.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by A_pixie, Jan 30, 2008.

1. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

Basically, this is a venting thing to someone who has hurt or angered you recently but you have no way of telling them.

I'll start.

Dear Drew
    Thank you for quite possibly the most emotionally draining year of my life. After a 3 year relationship of pain and misery with Luke all I wanted was a loving, caring relationship from someone I could share all of my love with. WHAT did I get? An immature, pretentious Prima Donna who goes through an identity crisis at least once a month because he "isn't famous yet" I don't know what possessed me to put up with your self-absorbed freak show bull shit for so long. Maybe it's because my last boyfriend was violent and seeing as you have never thrown a punch in your life, you seemed OK! You were worse though...I have never felt so drained and demoralized until I met you.

If it were not for me, you would have lost contact with all your friends seeing as I paid for your lazy penniless arse to go meet up with them, put up with your drunken rants and I even bought you your musical equipment because I believed in you. I don't anymore though. You don't have what it takes. You have the motivation of a sloth and seem to think that acting like a total prick makes you the next Tommy Lee. It doesn't. It makes you a pain to be around and the amount of sympathetic looks I got off of your so-called friends....you don't realize just what an ass you can be at times. Acting like a so-called rock star is no substitute for actual musical talent, and wiggling around in embarrassingly tight jeans on stage IS NOT constituted as SINGING!!!!

The arrogance of you doesn't annoy me so much as makes me feel sorry for you. You are in for one hard fucking fall because of your arrogance, and seeing as you can handle absolutely NO lemon life throws at you, I'm sort of glad I'm out of the way now since I won't have to put up with one of your 4 hour rants about a trivial problem.

The saddest part of all this is that I love you. I love the drew I first met and was the sweetest guy....then you left college and couldn't handle the fact that the days in the smokers yard were over, and that you had to find WORK like I was doing and gave you so much money sometimes without a thank you!!!

Yet despite all this I would take you back because I remember the beautiful things about you.

I love you a lot, maybe in a few years when you grow up we'll be together.

I love you so much

Louise.

2. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Dear Tabitha,
    Tabitha if it want for you i wouldnt be here now.I probably would be dead.When i met you i was hanging on by a thread and you saved me and gave me more motivation than ive ever had in my life.I want to thank you for all that you did for me.you are an incredable person.I was lucky to have you in my life.I want to thank you for all you did.I love you Tab.Its been a year and im not mad at you for leaving.i understand why you did.But Tab without you in my life ive been a mess.I strugle everyday to find a reason why im alive.I dont have a reason to live anymore now that your gone.I dont care about myself.I dont think you know how much of an impact you had in my life.Im back to the way i was before you. and im falling faster than i did before.What i guess im trying to say is thank you for everything you did.and that I still Love you And i always will.

4Ever N Always

3. A_pixie

Dear James.

Please give me time...I want to fall in love again, truly I do. I just don't think you realize how much my relationship with Drew hurt. I know you like me, I like you too, but love will take time. I keep thinking about killing myself over Drew, he was the light of my life...now all he does is bring me heartache, common sense would tell me to walk away but God knows I love him. You are a beautiful person, but the pressure is getting to me. I need time to myself. I need to truly convince myself that death is not the answer.

I hope I live through this, if I do, I'd love you to be a friend at the very least. I'm not sure I can enter a relationship ever again.

Yours lovingly

Louise

4. Manic!

Manic! Well-Known Member

Dear Callum,

I wish you would stop trying to cut yourself and making deep scratches on your arm.
    I know it 'suits' your' image and what not but faking things isn't nice,, It hurts. Especially when you show them off to everyone like it's nothing, you know what i've been/am going through yet you still love to parade around.
    I just wish you would stop or at least not parade everythign like that.

- J

5. Hey "Little Robin"...

Your newly given Native name doesn't mean a damn. You still act and think like typical "White Trash"! You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself, and you certainly don't act like the good friend you claim to be. By the way -- your humour is vulgar, tasteless, and immature - so STOP sending me those STUPID emails (which I now simply delete)!! Maybe write a REAL letter for a change - and DO try to use some grammar, like punctuation, Caps, and (obviously foreign to you) PARAGRAPHS! How in the fuck did you get through Nursing School in the first place if you couldn't be bothered to write properly??!! (and how in the hell did you raise a family if you don't bother to READ either!). I know now that you're hopeless, and that you will never grow up. You are no "friend" of mine - you don't know the meaning of THAT either..

:mad:

6. A_pixie

Dear Liz Martinsen:

It takes A LOT for me to hate someone but I HATE YOU. You are one of the worst managers I have ever had, you saw the cuts on my arm and instead of asking me privately what happened you loudly started broadcasting it to the office spreading rumours. You may as well had had a fucking megaphone. You sacked me despite knowing how depressed I was, I did a good job but your piece of shit manager Renee wanted her idiot niece to have my job...you even admitted it! You got drunk during office hours and when I wouldn't do the same incase I got drunk and decided to wring your fucking neck, you thought it an excuse to bully me.

As for coming in an hour late every morning and having a go at me once for leaving early...I HATE YOU!!!!!! Talk about the pot and the fucking kettle!

Left to my own thoughts at home all day now, with my arguing family and idiot ex boyfriend still plaguing my mind, I wanted to kill myself. I didn't eat for a week. I didn't bathe. I wanted my body to shut down. I could have been fucking sectioned thanks to you and all the other inconsiderate pricks out there. I wanted nothing more than to die because you people made me look at life and think "I don't want this."

God forbid anybody did anything casually or Lord no DIFFERENTLY, you picked on me because of my punk-ish appearance because you come from the most sheltered, inbred town in the middle of nowhere and can't hack the fact that not everyone in London looks the same! You try to control everyone in that tiny office that has become your life, because the real world is far too scary for your sheltered pompus self!!!!!!

And your eyes are too close together you fucking inbred.

If I ever see you again I will kill you.

Or at least assault you.

I hate you

Louise.

7. Fishman

Fishman Guest

To A:

thanks for ripping out my heart and playing with my feelings...Fuck you, you spoilt bitch people have feelings you know and you can't go around messing with peoples heads for your own amusement.

Get stuffed
    Fishman.

8. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Dear D*****:

You are crazy and sick for the way you've treated me. You can't seem to see beyond yourself and your own problems and realize that other people hurt. You claimed to love me but all you wanted was to control me. You see women as object to please you and you have a sick obsession with your mother. get over yourself and stay out of my life.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  9. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Dear T*****,

You've been one of my closest friends this past couple of years since I've left home, and I really do appreciate that. You're one of the few people I know now that has seen the giddy, immature, dorky side of me, and I feel like we share a lot of memories.

This past year, things really started to change between us. There was that guy you started dating who was completely using you and cheating on you behind your back. I know you hated me for awhile for telling you like it was, but I'm okay with that, I know it was a really painful experience. But ever since then, things started to go wrong. You came to me with problem after problem, always in tears - you were doing terribly in school, you did things you wished you hadn't with a boy, you were abusing alcohol, you had an eating disorder, you started cutting yourself. I went through these ups and downs with you, and even though they were hard on me emotionally, I loved you as a sister and I just wanted to help in any way that I could. But when you told me that most of those things were made up because you liked the attention, I almost flipped.

I've been going through a lot personally this past year or so, and I haven't been laboring you with it since I thought you had a lot on your plate. I think I'm getting pretty depressed, I think about suicide constantly, I'm struggling in classes, and I'm actually addicted to burning my arms. And on top of all this, I've been trying desperately hard to care for you, which has been so emotionally trying.

I know that I used to be happy all the time and it was so easy for me to be cheerful and cheer you up. But I'm sorry, I'm having some of my own issues now, and they're real. I tried to tell you about them, when I was telling you that I had been feeling overwhelmed and sad lately, but you weren't interested in talking about me. By telling me that my being sad "is not helping your mood" isn't going to make me feel better. You accuse me of not caring for you anymore, but how am I supposed to know when you are lying and when you are telling the truth? It's just really not worth the mental energy to try and figure out.

I wish we could sort out what happened, we used to be so close. I wish you would just stop your dramatics for a second to listen to what's going on in my life. I know I'm bad at explaining myself and verbalizing when something is wrong, but please - just give me a chance. You're the one person I've truly connected with in this f'ing place and I really need someone, anyone to talk to.

Please, be my friend again.

alison

10. A_pixie

Dear Ben;

YOU BASTARD! What are you a compulsive liar or something?! FUCK YOU! I don't even like you in that way! You look like the girl who stole my ex boyfriend years ago!!!! Stop telling people I'm obsessed with you, I just wanted to be a friend (barely!) and the only reason I called you after was to get my driving license I left in your car back! You assume way too much!!!!

You know I went through a terrible time with Drew then you fucking do this to me! Tell everyone lies! Did I mention that if I were to go out with anyone right now it would be James and not you, seeing as James doesn't:

A) Have a face like a loaded pizza on the moon (that's acne, you dumb bastard)

B) Make up rumors due to his own insecurities.

C) Assault people by throwing things out of his car (yeah how mature)

This letter isn't meant to be taken seriously but it feels good writing about how I would love to see you fall down into a sewer and contract cholera. The idea of you up to your neck in shit is making me laugh.

By the way, for all the claims of you being germaphobic, you must be obsessively bathing in something you're allergic to to carry the acne you do.

Fuck you.

11. BlackPegasus

Dear D*****,

You are truly twisted in the head. You actually think you can get away with accusing me of being the abusive one? You actually don't remember the abuse you put me through? The excuses you made for hurting me physically and emotionally? Have you actually got no conscience? You truly have a messed up mind and people like you should be locked away. My responses to your abuse was not abuse. You were the abuser. You were the one hurting me and you damn well know it. You can lie to all your friends and your family and they may believe you but you know what you did and you know you are a bad person for doing it.

12. trux

trux Well-Known Member

Dear C******,

Why don't you answer anymore, why don't you ever come to see me, why are you abandoning me like this. I thought it would be a good thing opening up to you, but I guess I was wrong. You're rejecting me like everyone else does. The more people know me the less they like me, why would I believe you are an exception.
    In 5 days I'll see you again, but I can't wait that long. And I don't want to see you there, I need to talk to you before, I need to feel like at least someone cares about me. I need you to understand me, you of all people. We have so many things in common, and yet you never seem to understand. And then I keep reacting like an ass to everything you say, I misinterpret all of it, and then you leave me.
    I don't know what to do anymore, I need you to help me. You don't seem to believe me when I tell you I want to give up on everything, yet I'm closer and closer to it. I wish I was someone else, someone you could love in return, someone able to make you forget all those years and make you happy again. But I'm not that person; and you don't know how much that hurts me.

13. maxcor211

maxcor211 Member

Dear M***

Thanks a lot for leaving and barely looking back. Thanks for that relationship we were suppose to have after my brother died. You know where I live. You could have seen or talked to my at anytime. Guess what? My life is better without you. I am happy that I don't have a dumba** like you in my life.

14. A_pixie

Dear Catherine:

After stealing my old boyfriend nearly 2 years ago...you would think you would leave me alone. I've got a good mind to phone the police reporting harassment the way you won't go away...

I had a bad relationship and was glad to get out of it, I'll give you that. I'll also say that I don't care that you stole Luke, not at all. That was a long time ago and it was for the best...for me anyway. I was a lot less damaged by Luke than you have been. But for you to find out where I'm going to be by obsessively checking my myspace, and asking people "was she drunk? Did she make a fool of herself? She can be sooooo annoying..." I haven't seen you in what, six months now? yet your guilt over breaking up a three year relationship will not allow you to stop trying to make me look like satan's spawn in order to erase your reputation as a homewrecking tart.

Bear in mind it's never been me that's said all these things about you, oh no. It's those people who you get drunk around, grope grossed out men you have just met, and bitch about your equally bitchy friends.

Just leave me alone please...I don't have anything bad to say about you other than that you won't get out of my fucking face. I do not want to be associated with you, I do not want to say bad things about you- I leave that to your so called friends! Please stop telling people I fell over drunk and annoyed everyone when really Danny bumped into me and bought me a drink to apologize for example! Nobody likes a rumor starting trouble-maker and going around saying every girl who looks at Luke has threatened to kill you...do grow up.

Sigh...

15. BlackPegasus

Dear ******:

You don't know me or what I've survived or what I'm capable of. Funny however that I see right through you but you don't know that either.

16. austinhp78

austinhp78 Well-Known Member

dear brooke,
    meeting you was one of the best and worst things that has ever happened to me. in this pas year, as i am sure you are aware, i have fallen deeply in love with you. you do not have a grasp on the extent to which i care for you. you are one of the most confusing things in my life at this time. i find it hard to express my emotions to you through simple words.
    i am aware that you do not share my emotions and i do not blame you for this. it is perfectly alright for you to not have feelings for me. while this is the case, nothing would make me happier than to be in a relationship with you. at this point in time, i know the situation has reached near hopelessness.
    i understand that you do not want to lead me on and as a result try to not talk to me but this only hurts me more. i feel as if you hate me. i just wish that you would give me a chance......

love, austin.

17. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Dear Mom and Dad, I"m sorry that your firstborn turned out so hopelessly. I"m sorry I didn't meet, or even come close to, your expectations. I"m sorry I'm such a loser.

18. A_pixie

dear theleastofthese

Please don't be so hard on yourself.

PM me if you want to talk

xxxx

19. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

Dear Joe,

How can I describe the effect you have on me!?
    Every time I see you I’m in awe at your very being. I can’t stand the pain when you leave me and I don’t know when I’m going to see you again… I know what’s going to happen when you go down the south. You’re going to see HER and end up sleeping with her and it hurts me so much because that means if there was ever anything going to happen between us, you’ve made us take a step back. I think you totally regret our intimacy and that’s just not fair. After you said you didn’t. You then proceeded to act like nothing had changed. It has. It has never been the same since. I love you too much now. That’s why I did what I did. I cut my self over and over. I needed stitches. I didn't tell you that part..huh? I said to myself that if nothing happened between us that night I’d give up on you completely.
    Even learn to hate you… though I’m not sure how I would have managed that.

I’m listening to the Goo Goo Dolls right now. It really conveys how I feel about you right now. I’m glad you can’t see me. I know she has a hold on you I can never dream of having. I love you so much and you don’t see it. But to be honest, its ok, I’ve lived with it for over a year now, and I’m almost used to feeling this pain. I don’t think you care. And why should you? It’s only me after all! I’d love to be able to tell you exactly how I feel, and tell you I don’t know how I’m ever going to live without you. How can someone have such an effect on me?! I honestly thought I was stronger than this. Do you even know how I feel about you? Do you even care?

You know, Brendan said something to me that I almost believed, and I feel so foolish now that I could ever have believed him, to be honest, he seems like a bit of a twat now. But that’s neither here nor there. He told me you thought I was intelligent and beautiful and sexy and all these lovely things that just aren’t true, but the thing that made me believe him was that he said you said there was like a mental thing going on between us, and he was right until we slept together, and everything changed. There was no longer a spark between us, I suppose all the sexual tension had been taken away. There is one thing though, you said to me that night that you weren’t able for a relationship with me because you weren’t emotionally ready for one and I should find myself a nice guy who was just simply lovely, and I said to you the only guy I want is emotionally unready. Remember? I hope you do.

You asked me the other day what my impression of you is. I told you I thought you were a leader and people look up to you so much. Maybe its because you’re the “elder” in the group!? Or maybe its because you’re probably one of the nicest, most gentle and easy going people I’ll ever meet. I want more than anything than to hold you right now. I’m so confused. I cut myself pretty badly the other day, because I was so messed up. I have to say that the last time I ever felt like that I had a shotgun in my hand and I was going to kill myself.

Last night, you said to me that you intend to be my best friend until the end of this college thing. In a way that’s so nice, the whole, “through thick and thin”, sort of a thing? And in another, completely different way, how could you even think about saying something like that?! Its such an ignorant, using thing to say that outside college you don’t want anything to do with me. And to an extent, you more or less proved that during the summer, you didn’t want anything to do with me at all, unless I completely wrecked your head calling you over and over again. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do in my life. Cue attempt on life number 2. Yeah, I tried to kill myself in the summer of 2007. because I felt worthless and even more repulsive than usual… Shocked!? Didn’t think you would be. I know I will get over you… eventually. But I don’t know when that’s going to be. You are one of the most amazing people I’ll ever meet and to be honest, I am truly grateful I met you.

You said to me that you wouldn’t be good for me, because you’d hurt me, you’d promise me the world and wouldn’t be able to give it to me, you’d love me utterly and then just take it away. You said you’d hate if you lost me as a friend, if I never went down to your house and hung out like I usually do. You said that when you see my arm it breaks you up, because you can’t imagine someone like me who has everything to live for would hate myself so much, that I can cut myself like I do. I also asked you if you ever imagine me cutting, and you said you’d be afraid to. I have a serious problem with myself, but, if I can’t love me, no-one else can, right? I wish I could find someone who loves me in the same way I love you.

You said that you’re proud of me because I’m learning guitar so well. I’m doing it for you. So you’re proud of me, so maybe you’ll love me a little more maybe? You also said that you love that I was getting into all that guitar virtuoso music too… I mean… of course I am! I enjoy it because you do! You said you don’t want to meet my parents because it’s like we’re dating. I don’t see it like that at all! I only want you to meet them because I love them and I love you so much, I want everyone I love to love each other too. Does that make any sense to you?

I wish I was thinner. I wish I was more attractive to you.
    I wish I was more mature so I could be more appealing to you.
    I wish I was funnier so I could make you laugh more.
    I wish I was more talented so I could draw you perfectly.
    I wish I could play the guitar better so we could jam together.
    I wish I was more intelligent so I could hold a conversation about intelligent things with you!
    I wish I was blonder...cos I know thats how you like 'em!!
    I wish I had no inhibitions.
    I wish I didn’t have such jealousy when I see you talking to other girls!
    I wish I didn’t have all these wishes because every time I read them I’ll be reminded of how unattractive I am to you.

Eternally,

your wiki xx

20. BlackPegasus

Dear D*****: I hate the way you have made me paranoid to the point I might have lost the man of my dreams. It's a good thing I've taken the time to get to know him. he's the most amazing man I've ever met. He is so much like me and he understands me..and I him. I love and adore him and I'm taking your words about no one ever wanting me or putting up with me.....I'm shoving those words right down your throat. He loves me dammit and I have fallen in love with him.