Opinions of whats after death ?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by stone, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stone

stone Member

Hi I wonderd what others think about after death ? What comes next ?

2. sad-eyes

sad-eyes Member

peace

3. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

Oblivion

4. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

nothing comes next, it ends and thankfully it does have an end.

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Well I'm not religious as in the Bible sense but I do believe there is an afterlife....
    I've had many signs from people I've lost ..things that aren't coincidence..

But having lost my son to suicide I don't know if he's at peace though as he's got to watch his family and friends in this agony of grief he's left behind...

So I'm not sure suicide is the peace we're looking for...

6. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

I think it's rather pointless to ask. We humans can't comprehend what happens, even though we fully well know it. I doubt anyone can really imagine how it is not to exist, since we imagine things from our perspective. Imagine it like the moment before you fall asleep. You don't remember it. It's like it never existed. Now repeat it for eternity. Another problem is that we don't comprehend time fully. We see it as a unit of measurement, maybe even some as a dimension, but I doubt anyone can see it as a pseudo-physical thing, with a begining and an end. Ah, well, the glory of a deeply limited brain.. Imagine if everyone understood how insignificant we were. I doubt we'd've made as much progress as we have.

Or, if I'm free to indulge myself in my paranoia, as most probably will, I'd say it's a time loop. An infinite one, to be exact. Living your own life forever, either knowing or not. Maybe even from different perspectives- One life, you live as your mother. Another, you live as the cow whose meat became your hamburger. And a third, as a bacteria who lived in your mouth for a few days. I think it'll be the most eye-opening way of dying, since you will understand everything about your life. Or just the standard "Relive moments in your life". Like the day you die. Or a year. Or, hell, maybe you'll experience the ending of the world. Witnessing all the million, if not billions of years.. Once our solar-system is over, there'll be darkness. For a very long time.

7. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

In my case, probably the funeral pyre.
    In some other people's case, maggots.

8. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

I believe that there is nothing after death. It will be like going to sleep, and never waking up.

I find this much more comforting than the thought of an afterlife. I don't mean this in a morbid sense; I just take solace in the fact that there is nothing further to be worried or concerned about.

9. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

A lot of dirt and worms.

Sorry.

10. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I saw a video earlier from afghanistan. A guy got shop up and fell dead in maybe less than a second. That fast. I was thinking to myself "So how quickly did the lights go out?" Well, first of all, there's some oxygen in the blood so your brain should still be functioning on a very sparse scale. You may be faintly aware of a dream, like a light at the end of the tunnel? I expect the whole experience would become fainter and fainter, maybe even pleasant (primitive brain)? Anyway, the video I saw made me disgusted. Just tired with this world and its stupid wars. More than that, I'm sad that people die. So much happens. It's hard to accept. I get angry.

It's funny how people get shot in movies and keep walking. In reality, almost all of them fall dead like a ragdoll.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  11. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Probably just like before you were born...nothingness!

Great quote from a comedian on this: "Before you were born, there was nothing...just non-existence...then you live for a short period and die and you're back to non-existence. SO, life is just a brief interuption of non-existence!"

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  12. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

What comes next? Nothing, your body decomposes and disintegrates into dirt or gets burnt to ashes. Meh.

13. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Death - where is thy sting?

I believe that the world of spirit comes next. Furthermore, I believe that we are eternal beings who cannot die and even though in truth there is no death, to say: ‘Death is nothing!’ would belittle its significance. What we earthlings perceive as death, when someone departs from this plane, is but a change and a transformation into a different state of life, which every soul has to undergo at the end of each lifetime. I believe that eventually everybody will reach the level of awareness where they can accept that this is so; we shall thus save ourselves a great deal of pain and suffering. Source

THE SAILING SHIP
    AN ALLEGORY​

Imagine in your mind’s eye, if you can, a sailing ship; after a long break on dry land it is getting ready to once again enter into the freedom of the oceans. It reveals great beauty and strength, as well as joy, as it opens its snowy white sails and offers them to the morning breeze. You are one of those left behind at the shore; sadly you watch the ship’s departure until all you can see of it is a speck of white cloud on the horizon where the sea meets the sky. A mournful voice close by says: ‘Ah, it’s gone!’

During the coming days you keep on wondering to yourself: ‘Where did the ship go?’ Finally, you come to the conclusion that this does not really matter because you know that wherever the ship may be now, it will be still as beautiful as it ever was and its mast and hull will be just as strong as when it left your shore. At that, as if in a dream, you sense that a voice is calling to you from some distant shore: ‘It has arrived safely; it’s here!’

Death is similar. Nothing changes with physical death; we still remain the same one we always were. Our feelings and desire are unchanged; it’s just that we have shed our physical body like an overcoat that had worn out. Eternity is now; every moment we live in this world and all others is part of eternity. Any loss on the Earth plane is the spirit world’s gain. On the other side of the veil of consciousness each death in our world is always a happy event, a rebirth and a homecoming. We are eternal beings of light; there is no death and we cannot die. It’s just that sometimes we gather our experiences, so that we may learn from them and grow, in different worlds; that’s all.

Roger Carswell
    Edited by Aquarius

Source

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

14. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

nothing is after death. i do and have always believe in science and science tells us that people are literally just electrical and chemical signals in the brain. so when there is no more oxygen in the brain there is no more person. it's not that there is nothingness after death, nothingness is an emptyness you can percieve, after death you simply no longer exist in any way. which is why death is such an excellent escape.

15. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

There's a line in Terry Gilliam's most recent film which if I remember correctly goes like this "Nothing is permanent. Not even death.". I thought that was a great thought.

Anyway, I just don't know what happens after death. And it's probably better that way.

16. Tavi6233

Tavi6233 Member

For the most part I believe all that is left after death is a dark hole in the ground, then nothing.

Sometimes I do have a hard time believing it though, just because I do believe in ghosts. So I'm not really sure, guess we will just have to wait to find out.

17. Stray

Stray Account Closed

I'm an athiest and have an interest in science, there is nothing after death, just like before we existed.

18. Aquarius123

Suicide - a permanent answer to all our problems?

Could suicide ever be a permanent solution to all our problems? In my view, hardly and this notwithstanding the fact that to this day, many of the scientists of our world, spiritually speaking, cannot as yet see further than the ends of their own noses. That’s why they insist on saying that the moment of death of the physical body is the end of everything. According to them, we are supposed to be snuffed out like candles and the event of our passing from physicality is followed by nothing but oblivion and the wiping out of our identity. Bearing in mind, however, the spiritual background against which all life on the Earth plane takes place and humankind’s eternal nature, I believe that suicide can never represent a permanent solution to any of human problem and that on the contrary it can only ever present any one of us with a very temporary solution. This is because we are responsible for ourselves towards our Creator, whoever we may still imagine this to be. No-one will come and wave some kind of magic wand to take all our troubles away and to save and redeem us, because we are the only ones who can and indeed have to do that.

How good it is for our world that there also exists a much more enlightened type of scientist, namely those who prefer to follow in the footsteps of individuals like Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein, who spoke of ‘that Cosmic religious feeling’ he experienced whilst contemplating the underlying order of the physical Universe. Wise ones, like these two, have appeared in our world from time to time to light the way and ensure humankind’s scientific progress, in spite of any kind of opposition. Newton and Einstein and other awakened ones like them, in their time and now realised, each in their own time, that there is a great deal more to us and our world than is commonly believed by those who still follow the herd and allow themselves to be led by their noses, like sheep, by whoever authority this may be. Because such wise ones are open to the higher and highest forces, they are ready to act as channels of the Divine through which some true inspiration can flow into our world, helping us and our world forward on our evolutionary pathway by finding a better grasp of the Cosmos and our own existence within it.

I see life as s an uninterrupted flow and an absolute continuum. In truth there is no such thing as death and that which on this plane by many is still considered to be death is but a transformation into a different lifestate. Realising this one wakes up to existing in a miraculous world and being here in truly amazing times. I believe that in spite of all the things that are still happening here, all’s well with our world and us. After all, there comes the time for every human soul when it slowly becomes aware of its own true nature. It then discovers that there is a great deal more to this life and us than meets they eye, for in reality each one of us is a spirit and soul, who has only temporarily been encased in matter. We ourselves and everybody else on this plane of life are many faceted jewels, whose true home is not on the Earth plane at all, but on the higher and highest spiritual dimensions of life. The same applies to all other lifeforms that can be observed on our planet and throughout the whole of the created world.

Source

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

19. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

Re: Suicide - a permanent answer to all our problems?

And what solid proof do you have of any of this?

None.

Its all just someone's word.

20. Aquarius123

Re: Suicide - a permanent answer to all our problems?

My own life! ​

By no means am I quoting someone else's words. They are my own - everything I write about is intuitive knowledge that comes from within.

With love - Aquarius​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.