opinions on running away from everything

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by perry_mason, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

currently i am depressed and in the past have been suicidal (not as much at present time though) and have made a lot of mistakes in my life (although i wont go into detail at present time).

I had a few truly awesome friends that i love so much and they did so much for me when i was really suffering but i screwed up there as well.

I no longer have any real contact with them because i dont want to cause them any more problems but i still feel like im too involved with people and various stuff.

I feel like running away from *everything* in my current life and trying to start it all again and was just wondering what peoples views of this may be?

im not 100% sure if this is the wisest thing to do but i feel i have no other choice (except suicide, but ive been talking myself out of that) and i really dont feel like being around all my old friends and being at the same old familar places for christmas.

(ps ive been lurking around this forum for a while and although i havent posted anything before, this place has really helped me out so i would just like to say thanks)
  2. redheadsweetie

redheadsweetie Active Member

I think that getting away from everything is a good idea if i could i know i would based on my home life. its a much better option than suicide always but i am not going to lie sometimes suicide seemed the only way out for me. maybe you can find somewhere to go for a week or two and focus on you and come back refreshed.
  3. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF :smile:

You must remember that running away from your problems won't make them go away. You do not want to end up in a position where you have left everything behind and realise that it hasn't solved anything. I don't pretend to know what difference leaving it all behind would make, but I imagine that it is nowhere near as simple as it sounds.

I say stick it out...you say that you have friends where you are, how about trying to repair that, or if that isn't possible then try making some new friends where you are through joining a new group/club.

4. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Spot on Lauren....i 'ran away from it all'....biggest mistake i've made in ages, and it seems that going back is even harder...i'm not saying it can't work for some cause i've heard stories from people who have done it and succeeded,it just didn't work for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.