Opinions.. Please

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dimming Brightness, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And here is my story... I am a highschool senior, a typical person at that. Very popular, and smart. I have no clue what im feeling like this for.. I have everything in the world going for me, but i think i know too much... I am an athiest, i believe the world is too terrible to have someone that would have it like this willingly. I do not know why i should live? The main reason people want to live is to succeed in life, but why? there is no reason to live the same menial life day after day, im just sick of everything and everyone. I am seriously getting to the point where i find people completely disgusting, listening to other people makes me extremely irritated, i feel as if everyone around me is ignorant in every way. I think about suicide CONSTANTLY.. i do not know why.. but i do know that i want it to end, and i think about dying constantly. Lately i have become extremely irritable with everyone, and i want it all to stop. The only thing keeping it from ending, is the fact that i do not want to hurt people that truely care for me.. The only thing.
    Please- Respond with what you think... Please...
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey there and welcome to SF. You should take some time to read some of the other threads and posts here. It might help you identify with something that you just dont recognize about yourself. Also have you talked to your GP about this? Could it be seasonal? Just throwing things out there for you to consider. It's good that you do have something to hold on to. That means that you are open to suggestions and opinions. Keep posting at SF and hope you get the help you are looking for.
  3. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Since you are in high school, maybe you should try to hold on until you've had 2-3 years of university or independent life. See how that works out for you. Suicide can always wait.
  4. Well, ive read a few posts, but still i do not understand this... Everyone else has sooo many bad situations, and bad things going on in thier life... I do not... But i still have these thoughts in my head, i dont see the point of life.. i dont see why i should keep living this pointless menial life any longer.. It scares me so much.
  5. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

I know what you mean. I've read other peoples posts and they seem to be in MUCH worse situations than I, yet I still feel like this. It makes me feel like a crybaby. But I'm just soo confused.
  6. silver76

silver76 Active Member

Hey there. Your not the only that has a "great life" but feel this way. I have a wife of 10 years, 6 kids, I make over 60k a year, three cars. I still think about dieing every day. I feel lonely and useless. Like my life doesn't matter. Your not the only one who "has it good" but don't feel like it. check out some of my posts or threads. sounds like we have a lot in common
  7. I will do that, Im just still puzzled in why i feel this way. Girls even like me, i have alot of friends, school is fine... I just feel like it is all meaningless and worthless to keep living this life... i dont know how to explain it.
  8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

What matters is that it's a problem to you. Humans always tend to diminish their own problems.. If it's a problem to you, that's causing you any worry or pain at all, let alone making you consider suicide, then it's a problem that's worth sharing, getting help with. We're here for you to give you mutual support :) . No-one here is a crybaby, worthless or anything of the sort. :grouphug:
  9. It is so sad, the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the fear of how much my community, family, and friends would be affected. But it just needs to end.. All of it needs to end. Sooner or later it will.
  10. Ive been strange lately.. trying to separate myself from everyone, my family, friends, everyone.. Trying to prepare them for what is to come.i don't want them to latch on to something that will be gone soon. So if i seem crude.. its for their own good.
  11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, if you're looking for the answer to why you're feeling this way, you should know that you may never find it. Sometimes there just isn't one. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that some things just are. That's to say that while there may be an underlying reason, searching for it may shatter your psyche more than just accepting the idea that sometimes you just can't explain why you think and feel the way you do.

I say this because I always thought it was a good idea to explore the whys and the why nots and delve deeply into my psyche. I've always been an explorer. It's not always a great idea to look for problems. Because when you find them, you have to find solutions. And they don't always exist.

But I know exactly what you're saying. I, too, feel that life is basically pointless. I think, today, I must have thought "Fuck! Why can't it all just stop?" 50 times. I don't really think I want to die. And I don't think you really do either or you wouldn't be here. I just want things to go away. If only for a little while. So many spend so much time trying to just make everything go away for a while. I think it's truly why so many depressed people sleep so much. Why we drink, do drugs. But it always comes back. I mean to say that I think we actually do want to live. We're just bored in this world we're stuck in and hate it.
  12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Can I ask you why you're telling us this? Think about it for a minute. Why do you need to tell someone?
  13. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

You sound 100% like me. I'm in highschool as well, but younger than you. I feel the exact same way, so you're not alone.
    Feel free to msg it you want/need anyone to talk to.
  14. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

Your avatar is making me laugh and I don't know why :laugh:
  15. I am telling you this, to try and help myself. I Just wanted some opinions.. the only reason i haven't shot myself in the head is my family and friends. I could care less about my life. I just do not want it to ruin theirs. I just wanted to tell someone my story, and ask if they have had something similar and how they got through it. Family and friends are the only reason im not dead, I openly welcome death every day of my life. I would consider it a blessing.
  16. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

What you have said sounds familiar to me, nothing "awful" going on, compared to what some people have to deal with. Yet for some reason, it all still feels wrong.

I only explanation I've ever been given for this is "Depression" As I understand it, depression is either clinical, or is caused by things in life that are hard to cope with. The clinical depression effectively means that your brain doesn't make enouth of the "happy drugs", this makes us sad, fed up, irritated, all the things you described.

There is no "one stop cure" for depression, medication can help to an extent, and it is defiantly worth seeing a doctor to get some prescribed. Ultimately though you have to want to heal, I spent just over 9 months in a psychiatric ward and my situation did not change at all until I actually wanted it to. You have to find something to pull you through the bad times, and make you enjoy the good ones.

Your already part of the way there, by posting here, you've proven to yourself that there is a small part of you that wants to heal, you just have to let that part grow.
  17. alice0705

alice0705 Well-Known Member

OOPS, ditto what Cayzira said!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2007
  18. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be an ass. I realize it may have come across that way. I was actually trying to say that I think that the reason people tell somebody is that they're not really sure what they're feeling and they just want someone to try and help them. I don't think people who really want to die talk. I certainly wouldn't if I was sure about it. There would be no point.

I hope you find something helpful here. Believe it or not, just talking can relieve some pressure and help you to realize that you might not really want what you think you want. It's easy to think you want to die. But when you start to examine the reasons and the outcome, it often becomes increasingly clear that dead people can't be satisfied with their decision.
  19. It has gotten worse over the last few weeks... i dont know how much longer i can go on living this pointless existance.. It makes no sense to keep suffering for nothing. There is only one outcome i can see that will end it.
  20. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sounds like you may have depression. It doesn't matter who it hits and many times we cannot figure out the whys. I think you should find someone trained to speak with you about the feelings you are having. Maybe they can offer some insight into the situation that we don't know about. Stay safe and take care. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.