opium users?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by anonymous51, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

hey guys does anyone here use or used opium? Im kind of interested in the effects and its relatively easy to get. supposedly it last most of the day but your not too fucked to do anyhting like heroin.
  2. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

can noone help me?
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

You are completely fucked up and can't function at all....it makes you dream.
    Have a look the old opium dens in victorian London, people laying around completely stoned.
    It is also highly addictive, not a road I'd advocate hun.
  4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Please dont even give it a try. i know its gettting cheaper and better, but u will never want to stop and you wont. ive been a junkie myself for over 15 years, and there is nth that makes me feel better but to be clean now (im 35) Please look for other alterntives to feel good (sport, reading, tv or whatever it might be for you). Please, please, please dont let others talk you in trying once-it wont be once youll love it. im thinking about you and feel free to send me a pm anytime.
  5. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Been there, done that.

Don't start.

Take care, x
  6. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

there literally isnt anything i can lose right now so i dont see how it will make my problems worse. Boredom is getting really bad and i dont have any money to stop that, plus no friends means I end up sitting at the computer and then sleeping.
  7. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

However bad things are right now, opium will multiply the badness by three or four times. It looks like the most tempting thing, but it's lethal poison in every sense.
    I'm not trying to scare you, but I hope you seek a chat with a former drug addict/s first - just to get an idea of what you're letting yourself in for.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
  8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Please don't start it, it's a waste of money, it's physically and mentally unhealthy, and if you go without it you get very severely sick. Please spare yourself years of pain and trouble and leave it be. I have been a meth user and I went thru so much and opiatres are more addictive than that. I however do know about opiates because my husband has a pain problems and he's on a couplew 100 mils of morphine a day I beleive. He'd OD on it and he would be so sick if he missed it just one day. To watch someone wiggle around and jump and jerk for hours in severe pain. Please don't go there. It is not worth it.

Please take care :hug:
  9. ~CazzaAngel~

I'm right here if you wanna know anything.
  10. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

i looked up on the web to learn about the effects and dangers and it says that you get phyiscal withdrawls from it so i dont really want to use it all the time. But im still curious about what its like and i want to try it at least once. Is its easy to get addicted even if you only try it once?
  11. ~CazzaAngel~

usaully the first few incounters it's for fun but it turns to a serious addiction very fast, mental and physical addiction both.
  12. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

ok thanks for your advice and concern :hug:
  13. whynot

whynot Active Member

It makes you really sick. You develop a strong tolerance quickly and the more you use it, the higher your tolerance etc the sicker you will eventually feel. If you think an alcohol hangover is bad you haven't experienced anything yet. You literally feel like a warm corpse with a flooded (similar to alcohol wet brain) brain and a couple of impulses twitching here or there.
  14. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i've never done opuim, but heroin is basically the same when it comes addictive properties. dope sick means vomiting, dry heaves, heat flashes, freezing cold, can't sleep, you'll get this knot in your stomach that will not go away. been there, done that. it sucks. i've kicked heroin, oxycontins, and methadone. do yourself a favor and don't even bother trying it. please listen to those of us that have and fight the urge. you may say you are only going to try it once and find that you like it. then you will do it again. and again. then you are hooked. please don't do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.