options

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by swimmergirl, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Is going to the hospital really the only option I have?

I can't believe that is all he said.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Let me ask you what do you think your options are?

I am here listening and here if you want to talk too.

Hugs Bambi

3. swimmergirl

I don't know, I thought psychiatrist were qualified to treat mental illness, not just lock people up at the first sign of trouble. I feel like a criminal for being depressed and feeling suicidal.

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Aww don't feel that way, if that were the case the whole lot of us would be jailed. Did the psychiatrist suggest some hospital time? It is not the worse place to go, you get help, get to focus on getting your head together and you get to rest as well. I went years ago and had a positive experience as did many others here.

5. theimpure

theimpure Member

Holy hell, I completely get that. I'm terrified to tell my psychologist ANYTHING because I know she'll just put right back into involuntary inpatient care where they put me in a fucking isolation room and look the other way when people beat the shit out of me because of my orientation. Fuck everyone in the psychological world. They don't want to help, they want your fucking money and to cover themselves legally. What happened to actual patient care, you daft shits?

... haha, sorry, off topic. Just, I understand. I really do.

6. swimmergirl

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, i am glad I am not the only one who sees psych hospitals as complete jokes, its not treatment, its bad babysitting, or worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.