Organ Donation

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Brent1978Brent, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brent1978Brent

Brent1978Brent New Member

How would I go about it if I wanted to make sure they were able to use my organs to help others?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Ask your doctor for an organ donation card.That's what I did.

EDIT..sorry i read your question wrong. I don't actually know,sorry.
  3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Depends if you want to give organs while alife or after your death.
    Some organs or ways to help others can be done while alife such as giving blood, bone narrow?, liver and kidney if its for a close parent. I have signed a paper so i am on a list of donor 'in extremis' and to cancer patients through blood and bone narrow such as in leukemia and other pathologies that are life threatning. I suggest you ask your doctor about the nearest donation center and go pay them a visit. They will be able to answer all of your questions.

Some countries have a donation of organs after death behind their driver licence, others must ask for a card from org. of donation. Dont hesitate in visiting their center and see how you can help the needy.

If it is that you plan something to end your life, little to none can be used as the life of organs after death is short living. Hope you meant while alife tho.

granny xx :hug:
  4. Brent1978Brent

Brent1978Brent New Member

thank you for feedback
  5. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Yea you can register what you want to give away online... that is what i did...

6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

7. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

I just got a form in the mail from the donor service with a checklist of what body parts I would or would not like to donate. I must say it feels pretty ghoulish.
    Curious timing that I should receive something like that while in a deep suicidal mindset. Maybe its a sign.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.