Orgo test in two days

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Ghost804, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost804

Ghost804 New Member

So, I have an Organic Chemistry test in two days. I am going to fail it. And that's pretty much the end of my college education. I don't plan to be a burden on my poor mother who has single-handedly put my brother through college and financed my education thus far.

So I am looking for options... A job where I can start without a college and just get away from everything and have room and board. Like a janitor on a ship or anything. my only real skill is deductive reasoning logic puzzles, and a knack for stastistics/probability. I am fine with any job where I work by my self. I just don't want to deal with people yelling at me, like a construction jobs..

Well failing those options, you can guess what my back up plan is.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
  2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

before you make plans, study! i took orgo 2 years ago, its a hard class, i know. i managed to pass, i studied and im not sure about your school, but mine scaled the orgo grades, so even if the test grade was a fail you could still pass. id say try that first

you dont wanna jump into a job youll hate, and if you look for one that provides room and board kind of stuff, you might get stuck there. if options suck for you right now, i would say look into military something, a lot of times they have jobs that would allow you to use your reasoning skills. im not sure where you are, or what its like there, but maybe thats an option.
  3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Where are you located Ghost? What kind of pay are you looking for? What is your work history like? Let us know a bit more to give you ideas for jobs. If you don't like being yelled at the military may not be the best choice.
  4. Ghost804

Ghost804 New Member

I have very limited work experience. I worked in the freezer department of Target over summer for two months, that's it. I am in my third year of college.

I would be fine with the military, though I doubt they would take me. I am 5'5'' and I have almost no muscles at all.

I am in Atlanta, GA.
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Learn those organic reactions and mechanisms. If you study hard, you might pass it. :smile:
  6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i say cram like crazy. you still have two days. drop everything else and study like mad.

is it the final exam? what percentage is it worth?

worse case scenario you fail. just repeat the course. i flunked three courses my first year of university and still managed to graduate on time, got straight A's each year after. (my first year i was having severe mental health issues). have had a very successful career despite flunking out a year. in the long run it didn't hold me back at all.

consider all your other options instead of suicide. that seems a drastic response to a manageable situation. hang in there.
  7. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

i believe in you!!!

and, just fyi, failing a class isn't the end of can retake it (which SUCKS! i know, but still an option) to your ADVISERS...that's what they're there for, although most of them are really bad at their jobs...often times, you can convert to pass/fail or drop the class...or, you can change your major...there are a lot of options for you...colleges don't want you to drop out, because they get MONEY from you (and if you're at a state school, they get money for enrolling you)...

and, if you can get through college, you will get a better job, and then you can help take care of your mother with the excess income (dream big)!!!

are you a chem major??? i would assume not cuz you're a junior...
  8. if you dont take the test. you cant fail. and you wont die.

!!problem solved!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.