Other physicians here?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by DrB, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrB

DrB New Member

Hello!

I'm a medical doctor, but I have been on sick leave because of depression. I have had a lot of suicidal thoughts and I need some support. If there's no doctor, maybe nurse then... :help:

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

B . this is a peer to peer support website.. medical advice is not available here.. this should come from real life professionals , not from this website.. if you are in real danger then contact your doctor or talk to a crisis line for some help.. sorry, Jim...

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hi DrB,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I myself am a registered nurse struggling with bipolar, anxiety and PTSD. There are a lot of people from the medical profession here who also struggle mentally. I hope you find the support your looking for here and hope you feel better soon.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

As said hun there are many here that have depression of all fields that can and will support you I am sorry to hear you are suffering

5. DrB

DrB New Member

I have bipolar also. I've had only one mania last winter. After that major depression. I'd like to have peer to peer support, not as a patient. English is not my native language, sorry about mistakes.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Sorry to hear that DrB, here is a good place to start if you are looking for peer support :)

7. total eclipse

I too developed depression and had to leave my work place it helps to talk here to others i found i did not feel so alone Ihope you continue to talk to us

8. DrB

DrB New Member

I'm really afraid that I can't return to work. My job is a major part of my identity. Last time I went to work was in January. Now I can't even clean my home. It's quite messy here and that makes me even more depressed.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey DrB. I am not a health care worker but I do know what its like to suffer from severe depression and I totally get where you are coming from about not being able to clean. When feeling down in the dumps its hard to find the motivation. Anyway, welcome to the site and I hope you find it useful to you. :)

10. DrB

DrB New Member

Thanks for the support, everyone.

11. total eclipse

I am also not able to return to work yet my depression and anxiety and the triggers at work i just can't seem to go there. Keeping the house clean is not priority right now ok hun
    what is priority is YOU meds and yes a therapist will help your depression and will help ease the pain some. My work was my identity and now without it i am lost Perhaps you can volunteer in another area not your work area but an area that brings you joy not stress just a thought

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.