Other things than cutting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by kiki_khaos, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiki_khaos

kiki_khaos Member

Who else does this? Or am I the only one?

On top of the cutting, I give myself bruises and burn myself...

Weird?

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Welcome. There are many members here who cut. Keep posting, it'll help get out the feelings that build up inside.

:hug:

3. YoYodude

YoYodude New Member

i cut and i pull my hair out... although the hair thing aint to bad... It still self harming.:poo:

4. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

I stopped cutting many years ago and now only burn. Burning is the second most common form of SI.

5. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I learned from my mother to hit myself in frustration. I took that further and began literally pulling my hair. I took that further and began running away and having unsafe sex at the age of 13. I took it further and began cutting at age 14. Took that further and began purging in my late teens/early 20s. Took that further and began doing drugs at about the same time. Took that further and began burning in my late 20s.

There are many, many ways to self injure. Not all of them are obvious.

Now I do good by using anger management, meditation, and other forms of controlling myself. I still fall back at times, but never for as long or as deeply.

6. YoYodude

YoYodude New Member

I also smoke if that counts..

7. kiki_khaos

kiki_khaos Member

Yea, I got pretty heavy into the drugs for a while too.

Not so much on the sex though

Meh, it's nice to know I'm not alone

8. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

You're not alone - and its possible to break yourself from the habits. I did. Perhaps not perfectly, all the time, but 98% of the time now. There's hope!

9. Sidewalk Slam

Sidewalk Slam Well-Known Member

me too. stopped cutting, only burn. I do cut sometimes, but it's very rare. I burn more often then not. I probably shouldn't have switched (I don't know why I did, burning is just more effective for me in that stress relief) because my burn scars like to stay put while my cutting marks usually all fade away.

10. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Triggering> there is loads of ways to do it, tht does not make u wierd, keep posting on here and ull find loads of support, :hugtackles:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
  11. No, it's not wierd, I burn too. idk, i just feel it gives me more control over the intensity of the pain and the damage caused than cutting. only probelm is the scars usually don't fade

12. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

That's not weird. Many people use more than 1 method to SH. I usually just cut, used to bruise myself -which is fun.

13. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Thats not weird I don't think, when I was a child I use to rip the skin off the bottom of my foot, it made it very hard to walk and was surprisngly exremly painful.

14. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

burning. purging.

15. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I had a friend who did that but I never thought about it that way... I always assumed it was a habit... I hope she wasn't struggling and I just ignored it, I'd feel awful. :/

16. kiki_khaos

kiki_khaos Member

I only notice the cut scars fading away for my wrists (no matter how hard I do it). It's so weird cause even when I do a little cut on my leg, a huge red scar appears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.