Others who are paranoid...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Warrior2089, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior2089

Warrior2089 Active Member

How do you deal with it besides meds?

I feel like the government is just waiting for me to make a mistake so they can swoop in and put me behind bars for the slightest thing... no I'm not a criminal, I've just had a few bad experiences which left me with severe paranoia that gives me panic attacks whenever someone, say, calls my cell phone or my mom's cell phone and leaves a voicemail on a number we don't recognize.

I'm always worried that something is going to come up out of the blue which will cause me to get in trouble with everyone I know and with the law. I'm always scared that they're watching my IP address; that they're wanting me to suffer; that they're watching every move I make.

Once again no I am not a criminal, I don't do bad things. I've just had bad experiences in the past and have, since birth, always been extremely afraid of any kind of trouble.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

The government doesn't have much money these days and they only put people in jail who have done the real bad stuff. California have been releasing a lot of people from jail because of their money problem.
  3. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

i don't think my paranoia is that severe. i mean at work i count the money two - three times so i don't give someone more/less money. i clock in and out of work two-three times. when i drive i check to make sure the light is green and that the cars are going through after i went through. i'm always afraid someone is following me. idk if this helps, maybe it will show you that you aren't alone.
  4. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i just try to focus my mind elsewhere and if that doesn't work i get up and walk away from whatever is making me paranoid. i get paranoid about cars driving by my house sometimes.
  5. Mr A and the sky pilots

Mr A and the sky pilots Well-Known Member

Hi Warrior,
    It will help if you tackel it one stage at a time, I.e watching some cop shows so you get used to seeing them. Then walking past the police station a couple times a week, just take it one step at a time, at your own pace. You need to get used to them.
    Once you can achive the above, it would help if you went to a police station open day, or event where they had a stand. And spoke to them, just say hi, and youl find out they are just normal people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.