Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by rachypooh, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachypooh

rachypooh Well-Known Member

i have been self harming since i was ten, with cutting, scratching, overdosing, burning, hitting and eating disorders.
    no body new about it, i still do it from time to time but no where near as much as i used to which was every day i would do something different.
    it messed me up big time, some of my alters self harm also which just freaks me out as i have no idea who, when or how it happened. until i either get told by someone else they have talked to or they write it in the journal.
    i havent cut in 5months which is a record for me, my last record was three weeks. so i am dealing with things different i guess, i am dissociating alot more now than i used to and i dont know if that is good or bad for me
  2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Hmmm well 5 months is a big acheivement... I'd be really really proud of that. Do you have any thing else that you do nowadays instead of self harm? Dissociating is generally bad for you... but it depends on the person sometimes. Thats just what I think though.

3. CONGRATS hun!

that's a long time..keep it up
  4. Snugglepuss

Snugglepuss Member

Well done hun! Much better then I can do! You are obviously a strong willed person. Im not quite to sure about the dislocating thing though, but it cant be worse then cutting. As you said, we deal with it differently. Keep being strong :smile:

Snugglepuss XxX
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.