Ouchie, I've got the flu

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Been a little sniffly, sore throat, cough, fever for a few days now.
    Finally it's turned into the full blown flu and I've been banished to my bedroom! Not even allowed to see the Doctor! He will not take any appointments from people who are suffering from the flu! hahaha how funny

I think it's pretty sad that my first thought was 'I hope it's swine flu and I hope it fucking kills me'.
    Still as suicidal as ever, but still wanting the easy way out. Death that I didn't cause. :(

2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: hey linds, your doctor not seeing people who have the flu is a bit harsh - do you have any medication for it anyway? if not you shouldn't be going without.
    if you ever need to talk, about anything, just PM me okay :smile: here for you :heart:
    triggs xx

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Thanks Laura. :)

I know, I think they're just saving their own skin. I've got some lemsip and lots of honey/lemon/orange juice in the house, (total hypochondriac, my medicine cupboard is like a small pharmacy) I guess it'll just be bed for 3 days (or more).
    Fun times. :(
    x

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Your Doctor not seeing people with the flu is a bit unprofessional..He/she took an oath to help others..If you get to feeling worst or your fever gets any higher then go to the emergency room..It's not something you want to play around with..

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

wow...why won't he see people with the flu? :eek:hmy:

I think you should definitely see another doctor.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Flu ahah just remember to drinks lots and lots and have gravol available I think getting a new doctor is in order although they are hard to find. Definitley if things get worse go to emergency and they will be able to give you a shot of something to keep you from vomiting and give you IV fluids to keep you hydrated. Don't let it get too bad okay take care

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Aww i'm sorry you have flu. Really sucky :( I think it's appaling your doctor won't see you! Could you find a new one? Or go to your local hospital if it gets really bad. Flu can turn into something more serious if it gets too bad and is left untreated and none of us want you to go through that. :hug: Feel better soon.

8. Aurora Gory Alice

Thanks Mary, Lena, Lynn, Joseph.
    I'm alright at the moment, if I start to feel really bad I'll definitely go to the emergency room. It's not even that far away and my brother is home so he can run me down in the car.
    My Doctor is a complete waste of space, he has been unsupportive throughout my illness and now I can't even see him when I've got the flu!! It's a total joke. I don't think I'm allowed to see a new one. There is a big sign on the surgery doors which says "if you have flu like symptoms please stay at home, do not enter the surgery". It makes sense in a way, they don't want people spreading this if it is the H1N1 virus, but they are also basically saying 'ha ha you're screwed'.

9. nevertheanswer

nevertheanswer Active Member

The flu can be easily transmitted from person to person so they wouldn't want emergency patients to contract it, most especially during critical moments. The A(H1N1) virus complicates existing sicknesses. They're just being cautious. :)

Take care and do your best to keep healthy!

10. chickee

chickee Active Member

is the surgery a word for a clinic?

They should def give out masks any take precautionary measures but I don't understand why a doctor won't see you. it's much cheaper than the ER and if you need Tamiflu that's what you should get. We've been stockpiling it for awhile now and it's there for people who are sick.

I also felt this way when I heard about H1N1. I thought - bring it on baby. I know that if I did get it I'd be singing a different tune.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.