Our elderly

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by justMe7, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

There was an interesting article published about the position of Japans finance minister in relation to the elderly and welfare support.

This is just my opinion, but it's fine to think this way. For yourself. The "elderly" were once children, then adults who endured and created the society we live in today. As far as I'm aware societies are always pushing to understand and respect life more and more. Society is the embodiment of people that create it, it is not more than an individual. It's purpose is to enhance and serve the people, in a manner of speaking. It can never become a position of greater importance than the individual.

It's insulting and confusing to see the desperation to maintain society coming at the cost of protection those who deserve and need it the most. These people in their final moments deserve as much support as they can receive. And ultimately respect. Not trivializing their lives and passing with a stain of financial burden. You throw that into the mix and some very honorable people will accept that they are a burden and refuse support, off of this pressure. We're supposed to take the facade stresses away from the elderly and let them embrace a free life, not circles of political and financial issues.

Strange. Shows how desperate they are getting. And how ignorant. Anyhow, tid bit of the day I suppose. Fucked up though.. See this is why I think we're stagnant. We don't fucking get the power of thought injection. Or we simply think our foundations are adjustable. Or maybe im just from another planet. Sad thing to read. There's a rhyme and a way to portray situations that respects what we have NOW, we we've endured, and what we want. This is just egotistical and violent as far as portraying a situation.

The ends don't justify the means

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I have to agree. I've very disturbing to see that this type of mentality is so prevalent in society.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sickening to read really I have to agree the elderly who have done so much for us for our freedoms our benefits now to be put into a slot that are a financial burden what a sick mind this person has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.