Our hidden power..

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Daphna, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

We all hold a tremendous power,
    It's hidden behind the brick of defense,
    It's likened to a frail little flower,
    And it's surrounded by an electrical fence,

We hold it, hide it, and deny that's it's there,
    All because in truth, we try not to care,
    It's too much to share; the love that we hold,
    In fear of what might happen if the world
    Takes ahold,
    and crushes our one gift to humanity.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

O my goodness, ........ I was thinking thoughts very much like this a couple of minutes before opening your thread! So very well put Daphna, thank you!

3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you URprecious. Your encouragement was needed exactly when you provided it. HalleluYah!!!

4. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

This makes me think of how I finally realized that I had built up this monster of arrogance, ego, envy and anger inside me that was really just a defense and compensation for my hurt, scared little heart. So amazing how my mind built a city of identity up around that part of me that thought I was never good enough. I was never religious until I saw this mountain of what you could call "sin" constructed around a simple longing to be really truly loved. So now I get it and see through it. But when I think back to that poor kid in me who was led astray into a crazy delusion out of just wanting to fit in, now I really am starting to have compassion and forgive myself. I don't know why we all have to go through this. Its a process of learning that is just painful, scary and humbling, but after 30 years I am finally coming out through the other side.

It takes courage, persistence, and trust to let that frail little flower called your heart open up and blossom. But it is worth it because it is real and true and beautiful. The you that was there before all the other influences came in. That part of you is very much alive and wants to shine. I think it needs time, space, attention and encouragement. Little by little.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I thank you for answering. Praise Yahweh that you are enlightened in these things. Our heart and soul needs the nourishment that comes from love. How can we give it to them when we isolate them in a castle of ice?

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I concur with the last 2 posts, as "there's a little child in everyone's heart, needing love, needing love..." (some words of a song)........ It's a grace that we arrive at the point of being able to see this, and humble our attitudes which can bring us into the re-birth of our soul. However painful, and boy - "the truth sets us free to enter heaven, but first it can hurt like hell", - that's so true! (But worth the pain when we can see it from the 'being-healed' perspective). :) So good to have like-minded company along the way :) :)

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I agree. HalleluYah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.