Our NH fucking S. (RANT!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey

They are complete shit at dealing with my mental health needs.

Each year more than 250,000 people are admitted to psychiatric hospitals and over 4,000 people take their own lives. - Mind.org
Today I went to see a so called "mental health professional", yeah, right, she looked like a bottle of vinegar and cared about as much.
It was nothing serious, just I have to go to Oxlea for some talkative therapy and today I had to see them for a renewal on my meds.

Vinegar face: "So how have you been feeling in yourself recently?!
Me: "I'm ok."
Vinegar face: "And how are things with your mother?"
Me: "They're better, we've got on a lot better recently.."
Vinegar face: "Okay."
Vinegar face: "So why have you come here today, Elizabeth?"
Me: "Um, an appointment was booked for a repeat prescripton of my medication."
Vinegar face: "But you're feeling okay at the moment?"
Me: "Yeah."
Vinegar face: "Well what do you want to get out of these sessions? You told Julie (another so called professional, hey, I like Julie, she's nice) that your medication seemed to be having no effect on you so why are you asking for a prescription?"
Me: "I didn't ask for a prescription. You sent me a letter saying that I needed one. I'd like to change my medication."
Vinegar face: "Why would you like to change your medication? What do you want out of these sessions if you're feeling fine at the moment?"
Me: "I want medication that actually helps the manic depression."
Vinegar face: "What manic depression? I have seen no manic tendancies in you."
- Bearing in mind this woman has met me once and I have been diagnosed by a doctor as manic depressive.
Vinegar face: "All in all, Elizabeth, I see no point in you continuing on with your medication. It would be like taking a perfectly healthy appendix out of you for no reason."

- WTF?!

Vinegar face: "You say you're fine at the moment, so there isn't any point in you continuing on the Fluoxetine."
Me: "Yeah, at the moment, I'm okay. Who's to say tomorrow I wont end up in hospital having taken an overdose or something?"
Vinegar face: "Well you're fine at the moment so there is no need to give you your medication."

- Bearing in fucking mind that you are supposed to be weaned off of Fluoxetine should you change your medication or something.
Vinegar face: "I see no cuts on your arms. That means you aren't depressed so you need to medication"
Me: "Um *glances at legs*....."
Vinegar face: "Well thats all for today. I will schedual another appointment for.... three months time?"
Me: *SLAM* that was the door in her face.

I am so fucking annoyed!!! How dare she decide to take me off the meds? I know for a FACT that that decision is not in her hands, it is in the hands of the head psychiatrist there.
I'm going to phone and complain tomorrow, especially about the way she treated me.
So now, no meds. Guess who will ben suicidal again soon.

xan

Chat Buddy
Aww... stupid psyco blabby people... i see no cuts therefore you aren't depressed.... stupid woman and assuming just cos you said you were ok that you actually told her the truth, hi, hi, how are you, ok u, ok... sterotypical im when actually you're busy thinking about how to commit suicide...

Really though not worth worrying about her, just talk to the head person and say how you feel and about her, if you're off the meds for a few days at least it'll make being on them more noticable maybe?

raw

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
She does sound very incompetent. Any chance you could get a different "mental health professional?"

Rick

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
She sounds a complete fucking prat !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Make sure you put in that complaint and in the meantime see your GP, as you say you're supposed to be weaned off your meds not put into cold bloody turkey :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know people do slag off the NHS, for various reasons, but I'm very glad they're there, for one .....

They saved my life. And they DO save people's lives, on a daily basis.

IMO, it's kudos for them for doing a fantastic job, under what is, frankly, crap conditions.

Just my two pennys worth.

Joe

Hun she is obviously not a good match for you so you should find another one I have had 7 therapists and only stayed with 2 of them
:sad: but once you find a good one for you it should get better it did with me. Good luck with it hun.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

-Love ya lots,
Carolyn-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00