Our Relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by whybother?, Nov 26, 2007.

1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

well ive just told my g/f on msn how bored i am talkin to her on their , and pointed out me movin to yarmouth wouldnt be a good idea.

where 2 totally different ppl . she likes pop , i like thrash metal , she likes soaps and dispise TV. she dresses bright i dress black. i dont wanna carry on havin the same old borin convo on msn day in day out, and havin to shell out 150 quid and take a week off work to see my own fiancee! if this ends up with us breakin up, i WILL kill myself without a 2nd thought, were on msn now talkin about this, and neither of us can come to any conclusion, please any1 give us advice?

thanks in advice

nige

2. Hazibell

Hazibell Well-Known Member

darlin im so sorry you know i am :hug: also i dont like pop! and you sed u liked me dressin bright :S lol

3. whybother?

well u do like pop , and i said i dont mind if u dressed bright.

4. Hazibell

thats what i mean and i dont i like rock :p lol

5. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

perhaps try to focus on what you both enjoy instead of the differences. you're each exactly who you are, there are going to be differences, but dont let those differences in tastes cloud out the good fun things you two share.

the same old will only work for so long. going for your interests, shareing them together.. trying new things together. random stupid silly things. they dont have to be something so permanent.. just something you two can share together.

in my opinon it's the persuit of life and shareing it that ignite our energy. understanding and accepting a person for who they are helps us appricate and mature, and in such grow stronger as a person. maybe you might not like something, but if she does, maybe try to enjoy the fact that what she enjoys makes her smile. sometimes it's not about the aspect, but how the person enjoys and experiences the aspect.

soemtimes we also confuse our own personal issues and template them onto other parts of us where they shouldn't be.

perhaps you're speaking indirectly about what is causeing you distress through amplifying it onto your relationship.

that's speculation, just tryin to give you something to bounce around with.

6. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

If you have so many differences why not use it to an advantage by teaching each other things from those differences?

7. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to belitle your feelings here, but you're complaining because you DRESS differently? Why don't you just dress like twins?

All of these differences can be overcome. It sounds to me like you are embarrassed of her because you fancy yourself to be "hardcore" and she's more "bubblegum".

But not once have you mentioned how you actually feel about HER. I mean, her personality and her feelings.

If this is enough to break you up, then you don't really love her at all. Maybe you were infatuated once, but that is giving way to your real feelings for her which don't really exist.

Long distance relationships are hard enough, but if you despise almost everything about her, then why stay together?

Real love is SO much deeper than the clothes you wear or the music you listen to.

Please don't hurt yourself over this.

8. whybother?

well Anastasia , i DO NOT consider myself ''hardcore'' as u so kindly said, and no i didnt mention how i fell about her becuz she knows how i feel about her already.

to reply to other ppl's post , well she likes to do theatre and acting etc which isnt my cuppa tea tbh but if it makes her happy i aint gonna stop her! also the thing she likes arnt actually for me. the reason im fussin over things i and she like is cuz wen we live together we will have to cope havin to do it , obviously she'll wanna listen to her music , which i cant stand so thats a slight problem ( i said SLIGHT before any1 bitches ffs) and her friends, well i cannot stand to hear their voices , but i dont wanna stop her inviting her friends over , thats an issue .

she has opposite views of everythin i have.

those who have a less ''attitude'' in their reply please go ahead and reply

9. Smythe

Smythe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure anyone can help you with this. It's up to you how much you're willing to compromise.
    But you have to know that compromise does come with the territory as far as relationships go.
    They are never perfect.

10. whybother?

yea ur rite , the biggest issue is just her friends , if sumhow we can sort it , then im sure the other things we can sort our selves, lets just say if i see any of her friends , i'll end up in prison , seriously i have an unnatural rage and anger against them its unbelievable

11. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

donttake this the wrong way, but that's something you need to work on. she shouldnt have to change her friends or how long or where she hangs out with them. what you have to do, that's up to you. but dont go down the path of makeing someone you care about change themselves because you dont like what they do or who they hang out with.

12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Agreed. And you were the one complaining about her clothes and her music and her friends and how boring it is to talk to her, so what DO you like about her anyway?

13. whybother?

dw drake im not offeneded by wat u said , well ive tried to sort my anger out before but it wud cost 10 pound to go see the psych everytime, which i cant afford :sad:

this is my situation tho , i dont want her to not go out or see her friends, i want her to do that , im not sayin she shud dump her friends and be a loner , its just i dont wanna be around her friends, yea i know i dont have to be but 1 day it'll come

14. Hazibell

feels funnnnny bein tlked about heeee lol

15. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

what about her friends aggitates you?

16. Dare to Dream

Dare to Dream Staff Alumni

If you to love each other then in the end it should not matter. Why don't you two see if you can find a common ground in music? Another this is you dress in black and she dresses in color? That right there could be a good thing. If you love one another then that is what is the most important thing. What don't you like about her friends?