Out of Habit

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by jhayes0027, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

I was just curious whether or not other people on this board, like myself, sometimes make marks or cuts without even realizing it, I mean it just seems to be out of habit. Saturday was my cousin's 21st b-day and we all went out and had a bit of a party. Without even realizing it, and all I was doing was sitting and talking with someone, I somehow just spaced out and finally noticed what I was doing.

I was taking a flat screwdriver and just scraping my arm, like it was just normal or something. It took me a while to even realize how or what I was doing, didn't even realize where I saw a screwdriver to pick it up. I played it off when one of my friends asked me what I was doing and just told him i was goofing off, but really I just zoned out and started making marks down my arm. It was rather weird.

Any input appreciated.
  2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yeah, sometimes if I'm talking on the phone or something, and I have something sharp in my hand I just make designs on my legs without even realizing what I'm doing.. :hug: Stay safe.
  3. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

No I don't hurt myself unless I have a reason to do it like if I'm upset or something.
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

no that's very odd to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.