out of hospital

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by sui caedere, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sui caedere

sui caedere Well-Known Member

well i got the weekend out of hospital and it is not feeling the way i wanted it to.

spending 7 weeks with other people and beinging told when to eat and take your meds now i am home by myself.

feel bloody scared
  2. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

i assume this was 7 weeks in the psych hosp?
    did thye do any therapeutic stuff like safety plans? skills development? distress tolerance?
  3. sui caedere

sui caedere Well-Known Member

err no just meds meds and more meds.
  4. Fluffypingu

Fluffypingu Safety and Support Chat Pro SF Supporter

the first night back in home is always the worst hun i were in for 5months
    and yeah i found it tough but knowing u can wake up in your own time and wen u want is the best feeling ever
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I know how you're feeling, give it a few weeks and you'll get back to your normal self again. :hug:
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

And use us here for support...it is very difficult to be home...I was in the hospital for 3 months for diagnostics and physical rehab and was scared to death the first few nights...it does get better...J
  7. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

as a health professional this makes me f*cking furious they didn't do this. i hate the whole 'let's medicate everything!!! because we're too scared to admit we have people skills!!:stars:!'

ok i assume you may know this. so a safety plan is a list of things to do or resources to call when you are feeling acutely suicidal. the use of telephone counselling, getting out of the house, etc.
    do you live alone?
    do you have people who are aware you have recently been discharged?
    are you connected to community mental health?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.