Out Paitent Therapy

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Mordeci, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

My therpist wants to try out patient therapry for a while does anybody have any experince with this?

2. serena

serena Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused as to where you are going to therapy now. In the U.S., outpatient therapy is where people begin to find out unless they wait until they are in a crisis, in which case the begin in a hospital. For most, outpatient therapy is a lot less restricted and intensive so that it doesn't limit your life aside from an hour or so a week. As I said, I don't know what you are doing now but maybe this might mean a day program? I have been in one of those before and it is a more intensive therapy that typically takes place during the work day/school day. In day programs you typically have both group and individual sessions throughout the day and it allows you to make more progress faster. This is very helpful if you haven't responded well to typical hour-a-week sessions. if you can post again and tell me what you are doing for therapy well I might be able to help you some more. However, no matter what, if you trust your therapist it would be a good idea to follow his or her recommendations.

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

yeah it is in particular a day program from 9 to 3 with mostley group therapy, it is not so much a crisis thing as it is a skill building workshop for 5 days. It dosen't matter though I already am commited to going on thursday.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

That is great it will be so helpful for you and to have support of a group is beneficial to some. let us know how it works out okay

5. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I started the program thursday and so far I really like it. They do a lot of education and effective group therapy. It is going really well so far. :biggrin: