Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Linny, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linny

Linny Active Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-He bdo-massacre-terrorists-asked-name.html

"Giustizia!!!! Mia matita NON SARĂ€ mai rotto!!!

Justice!!!! My pencil WILL NEVER be broken!!!
    The events that took place in France are heartbreaking. Murder is NEVER justifiable just because you don't agree. This is an outrage!

Art is passion! Art is freedom! Art is expression!! Don't you dare take it away!

I may not agree with someone or their ideas but art is to be appreciated in any way! I look upon artists as story tellers and movement makers. My opinion is put aside so that I may admire the work and dedication of another. Opinion is of personal interest but art is for a worldly offer. I weep for those who have been lost. Inspiration has been stopped. Murder is never the answer!!"

I have recently been hit with a hard blow. At least twelve are dead from the shooting that occurred in Paris, France on January 7th. Charb & Jean Cabut were two of these dead and they both were satirical and artistic inspirations. I learned of this tragedy through the DeviantArt community and it's been a serious blow to us all. Our inspiration has been taken from us! Our voices have been threatened! Our cries have been hurt! My heart is wounded for these families and friends and my community is in tears because some one must take their rage to a new level. MURDER IS NEVER AN ANSWER. Many of us wish to die for reasons that have been for ourselves. For a moment I'm putting that aside. Jean Cabut was SEVENTY SIX YEARS OLD. He didn't deserve to be taken this way. None of them did! I am horrified by this. I am hurt, I am sorrowful, I am tortured by the thought that there are people (It doesn't matter what relgion they belong to eaither, I had to hand someone's ass to them for trying to bring that into play), people of any sort that can take up arms against someone for their right to freedom of speech and thought and creativity. A satire is just a joke to get the audience to second guess an opinion. THese people were jesters! As a jester myself I weep for the loss of someone to look up to. I have been hurt tonight.
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

My heart goes out to every single victim as each one had value in this world. Its saddening that few civilized people can inflict massive terror on the society.
  3. Sumerian

Sumerian Active Member

Very tragic event. My thoughts and respect are with the victims.

And the Twitter leftists can't help themselves as usual. The very same day the tragedy happened they puke out bullshit on social media about how it served the artists right, and that they shouldn't have published "racist" drawings in the first place.
  4. Linny

Linny Active Member

I have a very interesting tumblr posts that explains how many Americans don't understand half of what the magazine was about and that they made fun of EVERYONE and often were anti-racism. They often pointed to the people who were wronging people and made fun of the extremists. It doesn't serve anyone right to be murdered. Someone on my facebook tried to make this about "Well France, nice of you to wake up and realism Islamic people are all pretty shitty and they're something to be taken care of". EVERYONE went off on him; honestly? How dare he? I had been crying for half an hour and I go to find that someone takes the event and turns it into another push against a religion? Mind you, he could probably be classified as an extremist Christian. I'm done with open social media. This is getting ridiculous.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Horrible tragic events. Rest in peace to all those who died. Absolutely unbelievable, the terror those faced must be unimaginable.

How do you fight against someone who wants to die?
  6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

You remind them why living is worth it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.