outshined by a jerkoff

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by *kyle*, May 21, 2011.

1. *kyle*

*kyle* Well-Known Member

there i was, drunk and down like always, its just who i am.
    a girl i knew a long time ago starts talking to me, she recently got out of a tuff break up, some ass hole cheated on her.

anyway she got my number and we had a great time, she didnt want to get serious because she was going oversease some time soon then, so we just had alot of fun, a couple of weeks before she left she stoped talking to me as much as she used to, i found out she had been hanging out with her x boyfriend instead of me, just hanging out, so we stoped all together.

i feel outshined because he was horrible to her and cheated on her AND blamed that on her aswell, and rather spend her last couple of weeks with me who she said she really injoyed hanging out with, she chooses that jerkoff.
    i felt like he was better than me for some reason, like i was just a toy or something. pondering a decision on weather to be the good guy and be nice to her so maybe we can be together in future or shun her from my life.

being an asshole to her would be easier. anyone been in this pickle?

2. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

She's acted like a pretty bad friend but I wouldn't say it's something to cut her out of your life over. It's her life at the end of the day, and despite the fact that he treated her so badly, chances are she may have loved him and love like that is hard to forget. I stayed with my ex after he cheated on me; not because I thought he was better than anyone, just because I had deep feelings for him that didn't go away just because he'd done something to hurt me.

She's obviously still going through some stuff regarding him and my advice would to be a good friend and be there for her if she needs you (within reason). Put your friendship before your desires to be something more with her because she needs a friend right now, not another potential lover.

Having said that, you should still let her know how it made you feel. She needs to know that she can't just pick you up and drop you again as soon as her ex shows her the slightest bit of attention.

Good luck. =]

3. *kyle*

*kyle* Well-Known Member

not the first time ive heard that so it must be right.
    thanks i guess she still does have feelings for him, ill be a friend, nothing more.

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Females are weird creatures, what else can I say. You just need to figure out how to have that thing that they want. In the end that is what it comes down too. Most of the time a female will choose a guy because he provides her with one thing. Why do you think females stay with abusive boyfriends?

If it was me, that would be it for us. If she came around after a break up I would let her bleed her heart onto me and then I would laugh at her, and make it worse by telling her what she did to me. In the end she is no better than her boyfriend and she deserves him.

5. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Dude if you can figure out what a woman wants you will be the richest man in the world.