over a 13 months.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Passion, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

hello,
    I havent been to this site in forever, I got sent to a residential treatment center in utah for 11 months, i've been out for a little over a month now.
    its been over 13 months since my last cut. my last one was July 4th 2005.
    :biggrin:
    I was a cutter for I don't know how long, it seems like I can't remember a life before cutting. its a terrible addiction. no one is ever "recovered" from self-harm. only in recovery. its a battle we have to fight on a daily basis, and as time goes on its a battle that gets easier to fight, we get stronger, and self-harm gets weaker.
    I know that for me, the hardest part of stopped cutting was the physical withdraws, my arms ached and i couldnt sleep and etc. I thought it wouldnt end, that my arms would always ache unless i cut and that i would never sleep again. but not anymore.
    from time to time, if i get triggered i do feel the aching in my arms, but self-harm doesnt have that hold on me any longer and i can fight the urge. I thought i'd never be able to stop. but i did.
    good luck on all of you trying to stop!!! you can do it!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

That's really great. Well done you for not cutting for 13 months, that's quite an accomplishment and I hope you can carry on doing so well. :hug:

3. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

thank you <3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.