Over dramatic

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Im sorry but i feel i need to say something cause im getting more and more angry about the same subject. Please tell me why you have some members who come on here and claim someone has killed themselves just because they have been offline for a few hours or a day or two. It really really really pisses me off and it has to stop. Unless you have solid concrete proof assumptions like that need to stay off the site because all you do is get other members worked up for no apparent reason. People not being online for a few days DOES NOT mean they have killed themselves. If it continues i will probably spontaneously combust with rage.
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I think it's important to not jump to conclusions, so I'd have to agree (it IS annoying) but considering where we are - a suicide forum - and considering the number of people on here who have disappeared for a while and we later found out it was indeed because they had killed themselves, I think warrants the need for panic. But I kinda have to agree mostly with you Wayne, a few days is nothing! If someone who comes on regularly disappears for a few months and doesn't say anything to anybody including the people they speak to outside of the forum, like on msn and what not, THEN panic, because it's just getting silly otherwise.

Truth be told though, if they do kill themselves, there isn't much we can do anyway.
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I agree and it is hard given the nature of this place I find myself thinking the worse too but thank goodness we seem like we help one another around here enough that we have not "lost" anyone yet. I love the "Just say Something" Thread in suicide as maybe we could all remember to just pop in and say "alive" so others don't worry but I know myself and how I isolate so that can be tough
    I agree that we must not jump to the worse and fight our own assumptions. We all love each other so much I think it is hard though.

Thanks for the reminder Wayne and hope your feeling better...it is good to let it all out.
  4. Kaos General

Yeah thats fair enough anything over a few weeks is cause for alarm but when i read posts saying someone must have killed themselves just because they havent been online for a few days then causing other people to worry then it annoys the hell out of me. People should keep their inane fears to themselves because time and time again it turns out they either was ill with a cold or something or they was just having a break from the internet.
  5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

You are so right...fear breeds fear and I have seen it get out of hand here before..I sort have grown a bit numb to it I have to say but if I don't hear from them for a week I worry but I just make casual inquiry as often they are in touch with someone at the very least..

How you doing Wayne? Around if you need to talk..Love B
  6. Kaos General

ummm yeah im ok add me to msn if you wanna chat
  7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Agreed. And TBH we tend to lock those posts (the ones where assumptions start being made that a person has killed themselves). It's one thing to make a post if you're worried about someone, but assuming the worst just starts a mass panic and isn't necessary.
  8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

9. Kaos General

Im sorry, it just makes me angry when its the same person doing it over and over again