Over eating

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by darkplace, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

I am eating alot more this past month. I feel my cheeks puffing out and my belly and legs getting bigger. I exercise 3/4 times a week and have started to walk into town as much as possible.
    Its just that since i moved back home <july last yr> ive put on 2 stone. Im almost 10 stone and im 5'4. I feel like i am becoming overweight.
    I am sad at the moment about a few things. So i eat when i feel like this. Even though sometimes im not hungry. I go for cookies / chocolate and lots of toast atm. Im trying to tell myself no and look at ppl who are big and think if you carry on you;ll be like that. Yet i cant stop eating that much more everyday. I look at myself. I think about my life. Then i feel sad. So i eat. :( I feel like this is a growing problem that im not strong enough to do anything about. :( *Sigh.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I am the same, but I am already overweight (17 stone and 5'6"), I tend to eat for whatever the situation, I eat when I'm upset, I eat when I'm depressed, I eat when I'm unhappy, I eat when I'm hungry, I eat when I'm not. Food is like a drug for me and it is definitely an addiction. People have told me to eat healthily etc. etc. but the best advice someone every gave me (even though I techinically abused it by drinking alcohol) was "find something to replace food". Food is obviously filling a void in your life, have you thought about finding something to fill it's place that makes you feel just as good?

Try to avoid drugs and alcohol obviously but think about the bigger picture? Video games are something I am trying right now.

3. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I've put on a little weight since I started on medication...I'm 5'8" and I used to be 9.5 stone I'm now 11.75 stone....and it's all gone on around the belly and face!

4. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

I play games alot, i go out alot but still i find i eat too much. I think its also due to the fact i cant sleep in much though. I cant win. I guess until i move out of my parents i will be fatter. Ill get stick thin as soon as i live on my own im sure. Bah. I might join the gym or something. :(

5. Sparklemama

Sparklemama Well-Known Member

I know how you feel i eat for every reason possible.I tend to eat most when i am depressed,stressed or just plain bored.A lot of times i am not hungry but i continue eating.I eat a pint of ice cream easily in one sitting and i can finish a 2 liter soda in one day all by myself.Chocolate,chips,cookies and everything else in between.I am already overweight and feeling bigger by the minute.I am started to feel ashamed at how much i have started eating to feel a void.When i finish a whole box of chocolates by myself i feel bad,guilty and like a fat pig and then i make a promise to stop but i dont.Also when i am feeling really depressed its like i dont even care i can finish that whole box of chocolates and feel no remorse and go reach for some chips or anything laying around and eat till i feel like i need to throw up.i know its not good for me,my health and my body but hey what can i do.................

6. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I know how you feel, I have phases of over eating that can last months. I can only speak from experience but it really helps me to keep busy / do something productive / exercise (and you won't want to ruin that hour on the treadmill with cookies) and buy smaller clothes so that the motivation is there. Another step is still over eating, but do it with healthy food instead of junk, trust me you'll soon get bored. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.