Over reacting?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Leiaha, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I have just had a big fat panic attack. I know what triggered it. I feel so outta control Becos so many people here tonight are threatening suicide. I cant help them. I dont know how to stop them or what to say. Maybe its Becos i want to join them but am trying so hard not to :blub:
    Am i over reacting? Being pathetic? Lea

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You're not over reacting. Panic attacks are scary. I'm so sorry you had one. I have them often. It's not fun. I am sorry :hug:

3. Rockster

Rockster Guest

As you told me today you cant take everyone else's problems on until you sort your ownhun, so please keep texting me any time of the day or night as you have been and lets try and sort this out :hug:

4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

its ok hun, panic attacks are natural.
    all you can do is support people but if it triggers you then take a break for tonite :hug:

5. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I cant take a break cos i'll just worry all night. Then i wont sleep and work myself up and end up doing something to myself again :( i know i'm being silly but i have my reasons :blub: lea x

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Lea. I know it's hard seeing your SF friends saying that they're contemplating suicide and not being able to help them, but try not to let it get to you. You can't take on other people's problems or else it will be too much for you to handle. I feel sad too when my SF friends say that they are suicidal, because I know that there is little that I can do, but everyone has to make their own decisions. :hug:

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Knowing what triggered you is a good thing Lea. I know you will worry about them if you take a break, but you need to step back at least long enough to get yourself back under control. Posting was an excellent way for you to step back if even for a second. It gives your emotions time to be somewhere else.

8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

You can't help everyone, regardless of your determination. You have to let some things go.

9. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Thanks, i feel better now. :grouphug:

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are not over reacting at all sweetie. Panic attacks are awful. Are you receiving any professional help for them :hug:

11. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I dont have any help full stop since my CPN discharged me :(

12. MAS

MAS Active Member

I don't think you are pathetic, Leiaha. You cannot help having panic attacks. You sound a very caring person but don't forget to think of you too.

((((((((((LEIAHA))))))))))​

13. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I'd rather not! :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.