Overcoming the fear

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Serpentine Offering, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Does anyone ever get that cringing fear of just the thought of being in a relationship with someone?

I cannot, for the life of me, have a boyfriend without ending up deathly afraid of him, or the relationship itself.

I have held myself back from dating for the reasons being one, some, or all of these:

1. He will physically hurt me.
    2. He will break my heart.
    3. He will sexually assault me. [the one I am most terrified of]

No matter how much I may know him or trust him. It happens every time. But only when the possiblity of relationship happens. I have no problem having guy friends.

Is there something I can do, or something you can just inspire me on, to help me lighten up? Or maybe tell me why I am this way?

Also, when I was very little. 3 or 4, maybe. I was molested by my father. I don't feel like it has an effect on any of this. But could that have anything to with it?

even though I'd rather take a risk, than not, this is upseting to me. As I feel like I'm missing out big time.

And I know, I know. You're probably thinking "Just be happy you're even able to get a date." Well, I am. But what's the point if I let these emotions of horror control me?

Does anyone have any advice for moi?