overdose failures

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by NYJmpMaster, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I have tried to overdose several times. Evidently I have developed a ridiculous tolerance to my pain meds because it hasn't worked - 2 times I ended up at hospital but that is it. Oh - and I developed seizures from the attempts so instead of solving any problems it just made them worse. The only positive side is in neither attempt did the Doctors figure out what had actually happened so I didn't have to spend time in psych unit and they didn't start rationing the pain meds.......I have enough other medical problems that diagnosing me is very difficult anyway based on random symptons like ultra low blood pressure and seizures and I always lie and say I am not depressed or suicidal......:poo:
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Then how can anyone help you if you lie to them You need to be truthful and get the supports in place to keep you safe and to get you feeling better hugs
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It has been my experience that as soon as you even hint at depression or suicidal thoughts everybody looks at you like a three headed purple alien and suddenly that is your only problem - forget all about physical ailments. I prefer not to be a three headed purple alien.
  4. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

I have physical health problems too, and that's never been ignored because of psychological problems. I've taken overdoses landing me in hospital before as well, and telling the truth is the only way to get real help.

They had trouble diagnosing me too, and I have low blood pressure problems.

I'm not really sure the relevance of all that you're saying, or what you are asking but i'm just pointing out my situation seems similar from what you are saying and that telling the truth is the best way forward. Posting on here is admitting you need and want help and support, and professional help is the best way to go about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.