Overdose..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy

So I overdosed about 36 hours ago. I was drunk at the time, but I don't think I wanted to die. I don't know. I've overdosed before and gone to hospital. This time I took more, but I didn't tell anybody. So I didn't go to hospital. I didn't throw up but i've had achey stomach pains and is this bad? It may be something entirely unrelated... I'm not sure.

I don't want to die. I'm not sure about the rules on here so i'm not going to tell you how much I took, but it was xxxxxxx. I felt sick first thing the next day, which I did after my last overdose, but last time it may have been the stress of being in hospital and this time it may have been the alcohol.

I don't really know the point of this post. I just want reassurance I guess, and i'm sort of scared i'm going to do it again.

It was my 16th birthday the day I did it. I promised being 16 would be different but things happened and i've done it again. Since I was 14 this is my fourth overdose that I guess thought might kill me, and I didn't care. I had counselling after ending up in hospital, but i got discharged. I need help badly, but I can't tell anyone ><

Last edited by a moderator:

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
You do need help hun reach out okay call and talk to someone on crisis line tell them what you took okay You need to be checked out could have liver damage kidney better to go in get some blood work done and get help hun.
talk to someone okay teacher a councillor your parents god they would want to help you keep you safe hun So much time to get you well start now okay call crisis line and just talk hugs.

Kathy

I'm scared because i've been in hospital before that they won't let me out this time, and I don't want anyone to know. When will I know if i'm ok or not?

Kathy

It's okay. I've read the thing and it says you have a reasonable chance of toxicity if you've had over XXg or XXmg/kg of bodyweight. I've not taken that much.

AlienBeing

Alcohol can increase it's toxicity. You really should get checked out and please don't do that again. Many people think that drug is not so bad to overdose on, just a drugstore pain killer, but it is one of the worst and kills many people who thought they were only making a gesture of despair. And it is a slow, agonizing, painful death to die of liver failure. If you're going to overdose for heaven sakes don't do it with that! It has to be the worst choice for so many reasons.

Kathy

I know my previous overdose was on that too. I think i'll be okay. I've taken only just over half of what i'd need for the XXmg/kg of body weight rule. It was also a slightly staggered overdose which I know makes the effects less. I'd also not drunk for about an hour before taking the pills, and i'd only had about 2 gulps of vodka which was only enough to make me slightly tipsy.

I'm not going to do it again. I'm throwing away all my pills and all my alcohol because i'm fed up of this being me. I don't want to die.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Paracetamol is crap to overdose on it. It has a poor success rate and can leave you with liver damage. There wont be much they can do now except to check your liver function aslong as your not jaundiced (yellow skin and yellow eyes) you arw not in liver failure and you will be ok. However if you are getting pain it would be wise to have it checked out medically and to get some help with your mental health aswell hun you are so young at 16 to be overdosing. Its nothing to be frightened of and they wont lock you up if thats what you are worried about. If you need to talk about anything one to one then please pm me. I took my first overdose at 15 hun so I migjt be able to relate to your age a bit. Tc hun and stay safe xxxx

Kathy

Thank you. I know they don't lock you up on your first time, but this is my fourth overdose with my first being when I was 14.

Thank you everyone for your replies :)

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Even if its your 4th time they wont lock you up they look into why you did it and your true intent on dying etc but you need to get some help go see a Gp with how your feeling see if they can fix you up with some proper help xxx

Kathy

I'm in the middle of being referred to yet another counsellor after I went to see a GP about my eating disorder. I'm meant to go and see my GP again soon for my eating disorder. Should I bring this up again?

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I would hun. Tell your gp how you are feeling be as open as possible with being so young and how you feel you might neee more than a counsellor or your gp can hurry the process along. Your gp is your gateway to getting the help you need and getting well again hun. Hope you are ok and keep safe always here to listen xxx

Kathy

Well I was discharged by him, but within a few weeks I was being referred back to another. I'm just waiting for that referral to go through at the moment. :)

Kathy, belated happy birthday and I am sure glad you are here to share it with us...you said you were going to throw your pills away, and I think that is a very special birthday gift to give to yourself...please use the support here and see if there is someone in RL you can choose to talk to...maybe they can help you get professional services...big hugs, J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00