Overdosed. Happy to be alive.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by thomasboy, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomasboy

thomasboy New Member

Last night, I got really depressed and "overdosed". Not enough to die, as I was in control and I'll be honest it was an attention thing.

I picked a bad night, saturday night when the one person who knows the thing that depresses me was out and drunk. So she fell asleep and stopped replying.

I only took 4 paracetamol and 3 neurophen. I think neurophen doesn't actually have as severe effects, and I hope so, as I don't want to fuck my liver over.

It's weird, as I held off doing this for a long time as I didn't want to screw my liver over, but I still did it. My depression is over one little thing, and I'm in control of it, and yet I still do it to myself.

Anyway, I woke up today to regret. My friend hammering my door down really early in the morning, my with a goodbye note I dont remember writing.

Anyway, I am glad I did it on one hand as it showed me the effects it has on people. I felt embarrased, as she phoned a helpline who suggested I go to the hospital to get a pill to counter the "overdose" (which I dont think is serious in that quantity anyway), and then she cried and I felt so bad.

I dont know why I had to do it, but I told her I needed to do it for some reason. Anyway, I'm happy I'm alive even though nothing has changed really, but I have seen only the minor effects it has on people and had I died I'd have hated the fact I made my friend feel guilty for not being there.

So all in all, yes I'm depressed, but suicide isnt the answer.

p.s: rather ironic/funny that the solution to overdosing on pills is another pill

2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

thomasboy i'm glad your okay and see you saw the effects it has of people who care about you. I glad that your in control with the whole things, I dont think neurophen can mess up your liver i guess it depends on how much you took. Its good to see that your happy and alive :hug:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am happy to hear you are alive to. I am also glad that you are able to see that suicide isn't the answer for you. What happened to make you decide to do what you did? If you need to talk, my PM box is open. Take care and stay safe. :hug:

4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

thomasboy, im happy youre alive. good you got some support from at home. were here for you if you want to talk, please take care :hug:
    Beret xxx

5. imheretohelp

imheretohelp Member

one of the steps (but i am no waying recomending this) to overcome suicide is by actuly trying or coming close but living and then discovering you dont want to do it, it is a long road back but soon i hope u will be ok

P.S. in no way am i saying what i said above is a good idea, if you actuly try this to just come 'close' you will be running very serious health risks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.