Overly attached

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by justastrangegirl, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justastrangegirl

justastrangegirl Well-Known Member

I hate being like this. I get TOO attached and care too much, to the point where I get hurt. I'm so insecure and dependand on other people's opinions.. I just want to be sure of things. I overanalyze everything and get suspicious about anything.. I want to enjoy life as it goes by, enjoy the little moments in it.. but I can't stop thinking that if everything's fine, there must be something horrible about to happen anytime soon, like realising everything I've been told was just a game :(
  2. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

i totally understand.

it is easy to be expecting something to go wrong or not quite be as it appears to be. especially if an earlier experience had perhaps given you this.

the thing to consider is a 'what if it actually turns out ok' situation? no guarantee but it may well do so.

thats a bit different to someone just saying for you to be positive.
  3. justastrangegirl

justastrangegirl Well-Known Member

it's just really difficult to believe everything's going to be ok, when it just seems a bit too good to be true
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm the same way, but it's weird because I just stopped caring. I guess I've been hurt so much, that I've sort of built up an immunity to it. I'm sorry you get hurt so often, but it's not a bad thing to care so much about people. You just need to find the ones who will value and appreciate you.
  5. Itiswhatitis

Itiswhatitis Active Member

This is EXACTLY how I feel. It's one of the worst things I've felt in my life and it brings me so much pain.I'm not here to offer adice, I have none. I'm just hear to tell you that you are not alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.