Overweight?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by NoGood, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Not sure whether to post this here or un the depression section or in the heal section....anyway.

Yea so ive been reading through some threads and i see that alot of people have issues with their weight, some overweight, some underweight. This is a thread for the overweight people, if your underweight and wanna let it all out please start up an underweight thread.

I comfort eat. When i was 13 i had 4 significant deaths including my best friend and from then on i started eating socially to try and be with friends, exercising less cause all the teams that i was on, i was with my friend.

This is only where is starts, i dont blame my weight on any specific event as i am now 23 and still cant lose weight.

I KNOWWWWWWWW tha my life would be so much better if I lost weight. I dont go out anymore because im ugly (im not ugly, im actually very pretty but my weight is ugly). I have an amazing boyfriend who supports me in everything and my weight affects him too with my ups and downs and crying and just loads of stuff.

Anyway im blabbing.

Anyone else feel like this. Maybe we could try to lose weight together? Anyone up for it. Start a weight loss thread and motivate each other?

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Oh my God Kate, that read like my life. Only thing is I don't have a boyfriend (never been able to handle it and they would never put up with my constant moaning about my weight either).
    I suffer so much with my weight, it is the biggest thing that drives my depression.

I comfort eat as well.

3. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Your posts where some of the posts that encouraged me to write this thread. :) cos i was relating to everything you had written previously.

Im very lucky with my boyfriend, he puts up with soooooooooooooo much.

My weight is the biggest thing in my life, my weight consumes me - totally! My ccry about my weight all the time and my bf is so good to me.

So how about it Linds, wanna start something?

Ideally i wanna lose 70lb but thats crazy id be a size 0, so im going to say 30lbs as a goal for now.

4. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Good luck on reaching your goals. If you need any recommendations for reading or help let me know. :hug: That sounds like a very reasonable goal NoGood. Take baby steps and make small life changes and you will see positive results.

5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike

Any hints and tips? Ive been battling my weight for a looooooooong time so i know what i gotta do but if u have anything suggestions please share :)

6. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

I've had issues with my weight all my life. Ive always thought I was fat, and then at 16 became pretty much anorexic. I ran 5-6 miles every day and ate barely anything. I got very skinny, but my best friend and mom pulled me out of that. They constantly tried to make me eat. But now i've gone the other direction I've put on a TON of weight since then, and i dont exercise at all anymore. I dont know how to be 'normal' im either one extreme or the other. But I somehow ended up with my boyfriend now who likes chubby girls. He tells me all the time how much he loves my stomach and stuff, and he's always saying how guys dont really like skinny girls, and every guy if asked would rather have a chubby girl than a skinny girl. He points out pretty heavy girls all the time and its really changed my outlook. I've realized that real girls, with some fat on them, are pretty too. Dont get me wrong I still worry about other people and what they'll think about my weight, its hard to completely change your way of thinking. But just look around you when you're out and notice how many heavy girls you see that you think are pretty, i'm noticing it a lot more. YOU are pretty too! :)

7. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

"Real girls"? Do you not realize you're perpetuating a standard of beauty by this very post? If you're skinny, guys don't like you; guys like the chubby girls. This is a forum with those who struggle with their appearance, and will go to great lengths to fit into the mold society - and now you and the men you interact with - are and have been setting in place. There's an ongoing 'struggle' I noticed in the last few years pertaining to the beauty of women and that is you can't be too skinny or fat. The only way to eradicate such mindsets is to accept the fact that every woman has a different body shape, and it's time to accept what is naturally there (so long as it's healthy).

NoGood: the "hint and tips" remain the same from eons past. Exercise and a decrease in calories.

8. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I have been overweight for the majority of my life and really, I have no idea what it's like to be a healthy weight for my height because I've never been close. The moment puberty knocked on my door it was the end. I too don't think I'm ugly, I think my weight holds me back.

I believe that if I lost weight I would GREATLY improve my life- but when you have depression it's not easy to become or stay motivated about anything, much less the difficult task of weight loss. I have tried and fail several different diets not because they don't work necessarily, but because I lost all desire to continue trying. Needless to say it's been a serious battle since my 12th birthday.

I just want to be healthy and feel good about myself for a change.

I would also like to lose a good 70lbs- but for now I think 30 is an excellent start =]

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aw wow, really!! :hug: That's so great hun. I'd definitely be up for joining forces and giving it a proper try.

10. Aurora Gory Alice

haha I want to lose 98lbs! But you're right about going with 30/40lbs for now.
    Everything you've said Emi rings true with me also.

11. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Lets do it girls (and guys if you have read this and not responded). Lets be each others motivation. Yes - it is extremely easy to say this as i am sitting on my ass on the sofa with the laptop on my knee and am waiting for my bf to make scrambled eggs haha. But lets set a start date and a review date. I will start a diary entry for us so we can leave a comment etc.

Who is up for it?

It might not work but hey, all we can do is try :)

12. Aurora Gory Alice

I say our start date could be December 1st. Gives everyone a chance to eat all of the rubbish foods in their cupboards and hit the shops to buy healthy stuff only. lol.

I've written a really generic list of healthy foods that I'll share with everyone if they want?

13. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

excellent :)

Sharing is Caring Linds!!! ;)

OKAY 1/12/09 - here we come!!!!

14. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

When I started to lose my weight my dad get lost and died. When I were skinnier than ever I tried to kill myself.

15. Aurora Gory Alice

I'm sorry to hear that Sammakko.

I suppose this is more aimed at people who are struggling with being overweight for whatever reason. Losing weight will not be a bad move for me... it may be the one thing that keeps me alive. Because it is due to my weight that I am on here in the first place.

16. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I am just saying there is things which could turn long waited weightlost feeling like a curse or something.. Weightlose itself not neccessary give any happiness. If people wait it and only get couple of slaps it may turn things back to overweight. Motive which why you want to lose weight it may be better something which can not slap you on the face when you are thin.

17. Aurora Gory Alice

Well I want to lose weight because I feel ugly and I believe I am ugly and I am never going to feel good about myself or feel beautiful until I can look in the mirror and not be fat.

18. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

December might not be the best time? What with Christmas and everything.. you'd be more likely to break your diet around then, which can be incredibly discouraging. Just a thought. Keep us updated on your progress, I wish you the best of luck~! :hugtackles:

19. Aurora Gory Alice

That's why I thought it was a good time to start, because everybody will be starting in January - as per usual! But we'll have already started. Also we can have a 2 day break over Christmas (Christmas Day and Boxing Day) and then back on the wagon. I think knowing we're losing weight will discourage us from eating badly for a full week or whatever haha.

Let's remember it's not a diet guys - it's a lifestyle change! It's gotta be forever, not just until the 40lbs are off!

20. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Ah alrighty, sounds like a good plan!
    Sorry for the mix up :p A lifestyle change sounds a lot more healthy~!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.